She will win the fight

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I walked through the streets of Small Heath. On my way to go to the Parlement building to talk about gender-equality. Tommy was walking beside me. He hasn't left my side since last months when Ruth got killed. Didn't matter how hard I tried to get him away. He will make sure I am not alone even if one of my girls or one of his family members is with me. He will not leave me alone. I told him to leave me so he can do work for the Shelby company but he shrugged his shoulders sat down in my office and did his goddamn paperwork there. "So where we going?" He asked lighting a cigarette, "to the Parlement. I'm speaking there" I replied. He stopped in his tracks. "I didn't know you where going to talk there" he answered. I shrugged my shoulders before walking further. "You are not standing up there alone without bodyguards" he stated, I rolled my eyes. "Then you play the damn bodyguard". He shook his head. "No, I'm an MP so they invited me to be in the crowd" he said while thinking. As much as I tried telling the man I'll be fine on my own he kept on defying me. "Fine" I eventually gave in to his pretty ass, "we are going to retrieve Finn and Michael and you are not saying a word" I said and turned into the direction of the fighting ring.

We made it to the fighting ring. I spotted Finn sparring with another bloke as Michael watched on. "You stay here" I ordered Tommy with an angry tone in my voice. He put his hands up and nodded at me. But held a cheeky smile. I walked over to the boys. "'Ello boys" I said and seeing I Finn step out the ring after finishing the fight. "Good afternoon, Adira" Michael greeted. Finn nodded while he dried his sweaty chest off. It was custom to fight with a bare chest. I'm not complaining cause there are a lot of good looking fellows in here. "Listen, Lads. I have a job for you. If you are interested" I explained. Both boys perked up at the mention of a potential job. "What's it for?" Finn asked interested. "I'm speaking at the parlement and your brother doesn't want me to be alone up there. So bodyguards I guess". Michael chuckled. He knows I am capable to defend my own but because of last time thw whole family has gotten some doubts about my ability. Eventually the both nodded after I said my price. "Oi!" A male voice spoke out. I watched as a well built man walked up to the three of us. "These two still have a fight each si they aint leaving yet. There are bets on them" he explained. Clearly annoyed. "We'll make it quick" Finn said before turbibg around. I grabbed his shoulder to prevent him from walking away. He turned his face to me, curious and suprised. "I've seen you fight. You guys dance and make a show out of it. Takes to long" I said to him. I looked to the male. "Let's make it interesting. I'll fight for them" I said. The man scoffed "you aint serious", "did I fucking stutter?" I replied raising my eyebrow at him. I saw him gulp before biting his lip angry before walking away to the betting station where I need to sign my name. I took of my coat and started to unbutton my dress shirt to reveal my chest but keeping my bra on. "Hold this will you" I said and handed the clothes to Michael. I took a couple steps before noticing the whole room going silent. I looked around and saw every single male gazing at me. I rolled my eyes "what! Never saw female skin before" I snapped angry before I walked over to the booth. "Pardon them Mrs. They haven't seen a female with those kinds of scars before" the betting man said. I looked up at him "like some of them haven't hit their wife before" I said grabbing the pen to sign my name. "Adira!" I heard Tommy calling out as he walked towards me. I watched the man gulp again seeing who it was. I saw Tom's shadow reach out towards me. "Dont. You. Dare" I growled at him and held my finger out to stop him in his tracks while I still looked down at the paper. "Adira let me fight" he started but I cut him off "I'm a woman who is capable of fighting her own fights". I saw his face scream to tell me I was wrong but he kept it in. I walked over to the ring where a boy slightly older than Finn stood waiting for his opponent. "Are you serious?" He remarked with a scoff as I got in the ring. "Oi! I aint fighting no girl" he called out to the better. "That's okay. Because I'm no girl" I said with a smirk and got into a fighting stance. I heard the better call out his bets and the boy infront of whisper "this will be easy". We got the call to start the fight. I watched him walk around me in circles. Waiting for him to charge me. He did it from my left blindspot. I turned around and slammed my left hand in his throat and sweeping his legs from underneath him. He landed on his back but was quickly back on his feet. He striked out with his right fist but I ducked down and punched his unprotected ribs, cracking them. He leaned forward in pain and I did a high kick to his jaw. He fell to his hands and knees. Blood dripping from his mouth on the grey matting of the ring. I was to slow to see him charge my legs and binding them together with his arms. I fell backwards and he started throwing blind punches left to right as he was ontop of me. I blocked my face to prevent from punches. I felt my shoulders absorb the hits. I got my legs free from his grip and quickly turned us around by wrapping my legs around his waist. I was on top now. The screaming of everyone around us filled my ears and I heard people call my name out in cheers. I quickly let his waist go and turned myself around and wrapped my legs around his neck and put pressure on him. I watched him gasp for air and desperatly get out my grip. Just a matter of time when he taps out. Sadly one of his hands managed to punch me in my stomach and my legs immediatly let go of their grip. We both got up and I watched him sway a bit from the lack of air. So I took my opportunity and charged forward. He threw a weak expected punch forward and I ducked once again and hit his ribs again. Breaking them this time. He tumbled forward and I kicked his head knocking him out. The bell rang declaring a winner and everyone was silent. The only sound was my breathing. I looked down to the boy and repeated his injuries in my head. Three broken ribs, one cracked, dislocated jaw and broken nose. Physically recovery about 2 months. 6 months for mental recovery. I turned around and looked at the boys.

(Tom's P.O.V.)
Yes I was impressed by Adira's fightibg ability. But I wasn't convinced she could stand her own. She had fought 2 more guys and both matches. The first boy by knocking him out. The second by holding him in a head-lock with her legs and him tapping out. The third by giving up because he didn't want to fight anymore. She was right. She is faster in a fight then Finn or Michael. She got out the ring and I handed her a towel. "Where did you learn to fight like that?" I asked her. "When the generals miss-calculate the hospital position in the war. You learn to fight in hand-to-hand combat in ambushes" she said like it was nothing before walking away. "I didn't know she participated in the war?" Finn said as he stood next to me. I shook my head "neither did I". I had seen her wounds before but never really looked at them closely or in the light. Now I could see some difference between scars and wounds from the war or from abuse.

Published: 31 of August 2020