Working Girls

(Adira's P.O.V.)
I stood in front of the crowd. Michael and Finn behind me with their arms crossed in front of them in true bodyguard style. I saw Tom sit down on a chair in front of the crowd. Behind him where males and females with different opinions. Females and even a couple males stand with me and other who are strongly against equality. I took a deep breath before starting my speech. "You call ships and machine guns 'she'. Black widows and vipers are compared to women. And you're going to tell me that it's not 'lady-like' to scream, to take up space, to fight and demand respect and do whatever the hell I desire? Hell you look at grenades and been so in awe that you only named them female! So don't try and down-play my power" I started to speak. The females in the crowd already cheering for me. "I am standing here to talk about equal pay for women. I am here to tell everyone that a working girl is as good as a stay at home mother. We are smart enough to do the book work, we can drive cars, write papers. We can do everything a man can do" I said and went silent for a couple seconds. "I am going to dismantle the system they set up. Because fuck that version of equality. Their supremacy relies on exploitation and violence" I talked about the abuse and rape that has been going on, "I don't want any part of that". Some females screamed cheerfull as they agreed with me. "The vision is bigger and more revolutionary. I don't need to be paid more than a man. Because that won't be equality anymore. I'm not against men, because I have learned a lot from males and I never dream about becoming more than them. I just dream about being equal with them. Our existence is NOT how desirable you find us. We exist to be so much more than we are taught to be". I answered some questions from some of the MPs. Meanwhile Tommy stayed silent. I learned that he has no side in this fight. He doesn't really care what would happen. Eventually I walked of the stage and listened to some other speakers. Eventually it all finished and I walked outside with Finn and Michael right up my tail. Two females stopped me. I realized they were some of the females who weren't agreeing on the whole gender equality. "Good evening Mrs Ivans and Willow" I greeted them with a true customer-service smile. "Mrs Shaw" Winny Ivans greeted back with much more irritation. "You really need to stop promoting that females should get paid the same as man. Females shouldn't even be working" Jill Willow added to her friend. I'm not gonna lie that these kinds of meetings are not amusing. Cause they are. "Let me guess. Females should be in the kitchen and stay home to look after the kids like good house-wives?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Both females nodded. "We don't want to be working girls. We want to be house holders. Like our husbands expect us to be. Because everything we know we learned from them" Jill replied, "yeah? Like what?" I asked curious, "they taught us so many things" Winny said with a toothy smile, "have they taught you how to write and draft that impressive speech you gave after me?" I asked them. "Yes". "How to answer questions from MPs, get interviews for the news paper?", "yes". "How to create a budget and balance it with the grocerie shopping and education for the kids?". "Yes" both females said pridefull. I chuckled  "congratulations. You're working girls" I said hearing both Peaky Blinders behind me chuckle or snicker before I walked past the two females. Michael and Finn followed me. I stopped and turned around to look at the stunned females. "Give your husbands my kindest regards" I reply with a smirk. "You may be in a relationship with Thomas Shelby. But he and the Peaky Blinders are just using you for their convenience. Once they are done and won't need you and the Leviathans anymore. You won't be as powerfull as you are now" Winny snapped at me. "Listen very closely, sweetheart" I said with a low growl as I stepped towards her, "my power won't fall if he-" I said pointing to Tommy "-decides to betray me. Because before he came along. I was doing just fine on my own" I said furrowing my eyebrows angry. I watch her gulp before taking a step back. I stood back up straight. "Because unlike you two. I don't need a man in my life".

(Tom's P.O.V)
I watched Adira argue with the two females. I like seeing her stand up for herself but also for others. Eventually she turned around and walked toward me and my younger brother and nephew. "Atleast we will become mothers" Jill yelled after Adira. I watched Adira freeze and tense up. Her hands became fists and her knuckles turned white from the pressure. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in and then out. Before opening her eyes again and walking past us. I looked at the females who thought they had won the arguement. "Excuse me Ladies" I said walking up to them. Seeing them tense. "I can't help but to notice the bruises on your wrist and your cheek. I can guess that your husbands aren't the sweetest of the lot" I said pointing to Jill's purple-black bruise shaped like a hand and Winny's bruised cheek. "So when and if you decide you had enough of all the abuse and run away. Just keep in mind that the best chance of having a good living is gone because you decided to fight against your own gender" I said low before leaving them all behind. Michael walked beside me as we followed Finn and Adira to probably the Garrison.

Published: 4th of September 2020

The part where Adira asks Jill and Winny what their husbands taught them to the 'congratulations you're working girls' part is from a serie called Mrs America. I just saw that bit on Facebook. (Correct me if I am wrong). Yes, I like to use a lot of references from other tv-shows or movies.