An old friend

(Adira's P.O.V.)
Tommy wanted me to meet someone. He didn't want to tell me who he or she was. He only said that they might be willing to transport stuff, in return they probably would give protection like the Peaky Blinders do. I was standing next to Tom in this factory type of building. Lot's of workers where working on stuff. "Put then down, Ollie. They are only small" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned to see who the voice belonged to. "Fuckin' hell" I said with a chuckle as the man in front of me stopped as he regocnized me aswell. "Adira!" He called out.

I laughed as I stepped towards him

I laughed as I stepped towards him. "Shalom, Alfie" I said. Meanwhile Tommy looked suprised as me and Alfie interacted with each other. "How are ya?" Alfie asked, his face showed worry. "had better days, my friend. But I'm alrigh'. How 'bout you?" I asked. "Not bad. Not bad" he replied. I turned to Tommy and explained to him that me and Alfie are good friends from childhood. We see each other as brother and sister but sadly over the years we lost contact. Some is due to the fact that he began his business and the other was because of Jack. But we always kept contact with letters. "So you brought my dear friend 'ere so I can finally show her my backery" He asked looking at Tom. "Seems so" Tom said and smiled a small smile at me. Alfie clapped his habds together before turning around to show me around. "We bake all sorts here, mate. Did you know that we bake over 10 thousand loafs a week. Can you believe it?" Alfie explained. "Impressive" I replied. "We bake the white bread. We bake the brown bread" he said. We all know that when he says bread he means alcohol. "Like to try some?" He asked spinning around. I shrugged me shoulders "sure". We got asked what kind and both me and Tom said brown. We got our glass and drank. Alfie eyed me waiting for my answer like he used to do when he offered me sweets that he stole. "It's good" I said taking another sip from the glass. "Good? It's fucking awfull that stuff" Alfie replied. I chuckled. "Brown is for the workers. White stuff now that is for the bosses like you, me and Tommy". He lead us further to his office and we sat down. "You silly girl. You didn't want to tell me that you had a transportation business?" He asked. "You didn't ask" I said cheekily. We started to make the same deal that Tom and I have. Alfie was happy for me that I was doing well against the fight of female oppression. I didn't tell him that Jack was in Birmingham and what had happened to my friend Ruth. "Do you know Jack by any chance?" Tommy suddenly asked. I growled silently at Tom. I saw Alfie's face turn into disgust and anger. He clenched his fist around his gun and his knuckles turned white.

"Don't fucking talk about that Cunt" Alfie sneered at Tom

"Don't fucking talk about that Cunt" Alfie sneered at Tom. Tom sighed but continued to talk about what had happened. "So you agree that Adira should not be left alone right?" Tom asked. And we are going there again. I sighed heavily as I saw Alfie nod. "If he ever touches her again. You get me" Alfie told Tom like I wasn't here. "I really love that you both forget that I am a powerfull woman" I say bluntly. Both males look at me but ignored my comment. I roll my eyes but stand up and quickly make my way outside. Hearing both males basically ordering me to stop. I walked further and raised my middle finger at them. "That's Adira for ya" I heard Alfie say to Tom. "Adira. Stop!" Tom ordered. I clenched my jaw and stopped before turning around to face him. "Tom. I appreciate your concern about my well being. But I ain't a fucking child alrigh'. I'm perfectly capable of being on my own" I snapped at him. I calmed myself down. "I don't mind your company. But you have Shelby Limited and Alfie has his... backery... so you also need to keep that in mind. What I don't want is bodyguards" I stated. Both males looked at each other. Finally we made the deal that Tom and now Alfie aswell wouldn't hang around me twentyfour seven. But also focus on their business. Now let's hope we won't regret this.

Published: 17 of September 2020