[4]

I wasn't sure whose idea this was, but a three-day-long wedding party was nerve-wracking

I wasn't sure whose idea this was, but a three-day-long wedding party was nerve-wracking. I felt it was Mida's doing, considering how psyched she was about it.

Her room was more than glamorous. Even though most of the furniture and wallpapers were white, it still was beautiful. A giant queen-sized bed sat at the farthest wall, a white bedside table and lamp right next to it. A dresser and vanity mirror stood in one corner with a wardrobe beside them. The large chandelier hanging from the ceiling served as the major light source of the room.

"So, the night of day one will be for couples' games and the dance. Oh, which reminds me. You have to ensure that everyone at my party has a partner."

My face contorted in confusion. "Why?"

She sighed exaggeratedly, dramatically rubbing her forehead while I rolled my eyes. As much as the armchair I was seated on was plush and comfortable, this discussion was boring. I mean, what single wedding planner would want to sit down and listen to a bride go on and on about her guest list.

"I don't want to take any chances. You know? With Shawn," she explained, giving me a look.

I stared at her in disbelief. "So you don't trust your fiancé enough to let single people attend the pre-wedding party. That's great." I drew out the last word, throwing in a small snort. "How about me then?"

She shrugged. "I've known you all my life, dear. And it's not that I don't trust him. I don't trust the girls. Most of them were recruited from this online bridesmaids app..."

I had to fight back the urge to roll my eyes again.

Shawn, her husband-to-be, was the former CEO of Wells and Co. The gaming company was one of the most successful in America. After he'd left five years ago, he opened his own company, and it was now competing with Wells and Co for the top spot, which was why Mida could have almost anything she wanted at her wedding.

"How do you expect me to know who does and doesn't have a partner?"

"By asking, of course?"

"I'm just going to stop there," I shook my head at her. Did she really think everyone would be honest because this was a rich dude's party? "Please go on before I bolt."

She proceeded, but not before giving me a warning glare.

Mida was only a few years younger than me, but she behaved like a teenager most of the time. So immature and bubbly. Too hopeful. Too demanding.

"Day two would be for the bachelorette party and the bridal shower, which you would not be attending."

"Thank the heavens."

"Day three is the wedding and after party." She dropped the guest list to the side stool in between our seats. "Why are you so bent on avoiding all the wedding events? You know you could find your soulmate here, don't you?" She had placed her chin on her hand by now, leaning forward over the arm of the sofa towards me. A sparkle crossed her brown irises.