[27]

"What?"

"What?"

Parker's eyes were too hopeful, wide with eagerness. Whereas my eyes were filled with tears, ready to spill out some more.

Now everything had come to me, clearing up like the break of dawn. Parker was leaving, but he wasn't leaving me behind. He wanted me to follow him.

His offer wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

"I'm not going to leave you, Camsy," said Parker. "As much as this is important, you also are to me. So I want you to come with me to London.

"I'm not sure when I'll return, maybe in a couple of months. But I don't want to take any risks. If you do come with me, you can build yourself an image away from America. You could be Europe's best wedding planner as well."

His eyes scanned mine as he spoke excitedly, but even as he spoke, I already knew my decision.

"I-"

Now I was lost for words. How was I supposed to leave everything behind and just go with him? I had a business, a family, friends...

"When are you leaving?" I inquired.

"Tomorrow morning," was his quick reply. "I know it's sudden, just like this entire contract. But it's also a dream come true. You know how important this is, right?"

I did. However, I wish I didn't. Maybe then I would be able to selfishly request him to stay behind, to forget this gig because he could score another one in the future.

The truth was, I realized I had been selfish before now. I was hating him for wanting to follow his career and accusing him of being worse than the rest of my exes. I felt disgusted at myself.

And now, I was sure my decision would only make me a worse person.

I shook my head free of his hold and stepped back, seeing the hurt begin to build up in his green eyes.

"I can't," I choked out, refraining from watching him. I just couldn't watch him get broken by my words. I cast my gaze to the tiles beneath my feet. "I can't go with you."

Hearing Parker approach me, I put a hand up, staring back at his figure. I regretted that action immediately. Pain and rejection swirled in his eyes.

"Why can't you?" He asked. For the first time, his voice grew hoarse, thickened by emotion. It felt like my chest was being pricked by needles. "You won't be leaving too much behind. And this is a chance to grow your empire-"

"My empire is right here!" I cut him off, a stray tear rolling down my cheek. How could I explain to him that I couldn't just leave everything behind and follow him to London? All the way across the world!

"I have my parents, Simone, and Mida. I even have a lot of weddings on my list that need my attention!"

"You could have double that if you came with me!" Parker shouted, not out of anger. Out of heavy desire, forcing me not to reject his offer. "You could reach out to your family if you wanted to. Hell, they could even come visit you!"