[13]

My heart jumped to my throat the second I opened the door to my room and was greeted with the sight of Simone and Mida on my bed, bearing suggestive smiles on their faces

"What are the two of you doing in here?" I asked them as I shut the door behind me and took off my shoes, one at a time.

"We should be the ones asking you that," Simone retorted, expression dropping dramatically. Mida's face dropped too, and she pouted.

"Yeah," she agreed with Simone, causing me to arch a brow. "I thought you were with Garth."

Advancing toward them, I tossed my shoes aside. "I was, but your maid of honor had to talk to him." I nodded towards Mida, who frowned. There was no need, including the fact that I felt left out in our group and didn't want to talk to Parker about it. They both had rings on their fingers. Mine were devoid of the accessory.

Single life!

"About?" Mida questioned, drawing me out of my headspace.

"No clue," I replied quickly, dropping onto the bed in a sitting position, bouncing once in the process.

"That's a bummer," Simone cut in to add, shifting on the bed, so she sat beside me.

Mida fell backward onto the bed and groaned. "I can't believe the two of you haven't kissed yet."

My eyes went round, almost popping out of their sockets. "What?!"

She shrugged casually, "I thought by now, with all the romance in the air between the both of you, a kiss would have occurred. You know, once or twice."

I looked away from her, a foreign heat reaching my face. Technically, Parker and I had kissed before, gone farther even. But they didn't need to know that, at least not yet. I felt my face heat up stupidly.

"We all expected a kiss by now."

I turned to Simone, who had uttered the statement, and narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean 'we'?"

"Everyone." She said casually, counting off her fingers as she began to list 'everyone' out. "Mida, Shawn, myself, your mother, even Marcus-"

"-Marcus? My mother?-"

"-You'd have to be plain blind and stupid to not notice that something's up with the two of you. And you know how your mother is; she squeezed the info out of Simone over the phone." Mida cut in, sighing wistfully. I remembered the last time my mother had called. It was over twenty-four hours ago, which meant that Simone acted as a spy. "Both of you remind me of Shawn and me in our early stages of love."

"I'm not in love with Parker," I told the both of them, their faces contorted into funny looks as they stared at me, Mida straining herself in the process. Sure, I was attracted to him, but it was only a crush. Crushes leave. Right? "You guys are taking it too far."