ONE

"Las Vegas turns women into men and men into idiots."
~Bugsy Siegel
———

What do you do when you wake up in bed with a man you've never met?

Well, that's where I am right now. In bed, with a man i've never met, in a room I don't recognize, and I have no idea how I got here.

  The last thing I remembered was attending my cousins twenty-first birthday party. I don't remember consuming that much alcohol but it seemed to be so as I was literally in the house of a stranger. I didn't even want to be at that party.

I stared at the sleeping face of the handsome stranger who was faced towards me, with his brown hair hanging slightly in his face, and his mouth slightly open. He was sound asleep and had small snores coming out of him as he breathed in and out. He seemed so calm, and as much as I wanted to stay here forever, I couldn't. I have work.

I carefully peeled the white duvet off of me. I found myself still in my dress from last night, but the bottom had hiked up my thighs. I wondered if it was either from rolling around in my sleep or from activities that could be left to the imagination.

  I gently and quietly placed my bare feet on the ground, cringing at the quiet creaking sound. I didn't want to wake him up, I hated confrontation.

I got off the bed, glancing behind me and finding the man still asleep, and still quietly snoring. I gently stepped away, the floorboards quietly creaking again as I headed for my shoes, which was thrown about on the floor.

I picked both of them up, before grabbing my purse which was still on the bedside table, quietly opening the bedroom door and stepping outside into where the kitchen was. I could tell that this was at least a million dollar home. It was so expensive looking and modern. It was also filled with beautiful modern furniture and paintings.

I stopped sneaking now as the floor had changed to tiles, and I walked normally again, quickly heading for the door, and reaching for the nob, and wrapping my hand around it, but finding it not opening. It was locked.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice spoke behind me.

My eyes widened and I mentally cursed, before slowly turning around and meeting eyes with the stranger, who was stood a few meters away, arms folded and still very much shirtless. He had a small indecipherable expression on his face that was mixed with amusement.

"I, uh, I've got work." I explained

He raised his eyebrows a bit, glancing away from me for a second, before furrowing his brows and pulling the corner of his mouth down in a sort of side frown. "That's a shame, you put on quite a show last night, I would've loved to get to know you."

My eyes widened and I let out a small awkward laugh, trying to cover up with tingles that erupted in my stomach. "Well, uh maybe we could get coffee sometime or something, I just really have to get to work."

"I can't let you do that." He said.

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

He stepped closer to me, "I'm afraid you being seen with me may have put your life in danger, so if you step out that door i'm afraid you may suffer the consequences."