TWELVE

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone."
~Al Capone
———
Trigger warning!
Blood, murder.

Soon after Harry left, Tom had disappeared upstairs again, his eyes glued to his phone, reading back and forth with brows furrowed deep into his face, high in thought and concentration.

He didn't even bother to look my way and give me any sort of clue about what had just happened. I was left stood in the middle of the floor, watching Tom disappear away with just as many million questions running through my brain.

I turned away from the middle of the house and made way to my room, deciding it would be more comfortable there instead of just standing in the middle of the kitchen like i'd just seen a ghost.

I sat myself down on the bed, staring at the floor with confusion laced all over my face, unable to truly decipher what the truth was.

What in the hell were they talking about?

So far, from what I can grab. My parents offered me to him. Who, by the way, I still have no idea who him is. I haven't met enough people surrounded by Tom important enough to grab all of this attention.

Why would my parents do that? None of it made sense. They never have a hint or a single word that they could have somehow been mixed up in it all.

From what I knew, they were-

Gasp

Accountants.

So are all accountants working for the mafia now?

I frowned, pulling my hand up to my mouth to chew on my thumbnail, ignoring the fact that I was doing with the thoughts plaguing my mind in an painful manner.

I glanced over at the stairs. I wouldn't let Tom get away with this again. I hated the way he would always ignore my questions and pretend that they had not even been asked in the first place, completely leaving me hanging.

Harry had mentioned that I had been drugged. Had Tom drugged me? No, it couldn't have been. The effects of the drug had already been in my system even before Tom had made his way to me.

Target? I was his target? So, his entire purpose of coming up to me was just to take me down? That explains the way he reacted when I asked if he had a second life. He's a terrible liar.

I pushed the thoughts away, I couldn't answer them for myself, only Tom could, and that's exactly where i'm going to go to get the answers.

I pulled myself off of my bed, stepping down onto the floor, leaving the room entirely and making my way toward and up the stone tiled stairs to where I knew Tom had quested off to.

I saw the door of his room and I placed a gentle knock upon it, finding it already unlocked as it pushed open a little bit and I could already see darkness from inside the room. I could tell that his curtains were closed and he hadn't bothered to turn the lights on.

I pushed the door open and found Tom sat at his desk in the darkness, the only light coming from his laptop that was placed before him, shining upon his features which were staring at the picture on the screen.