SEVEN

"A boy has never wept... nor dashed a thousand kin."
~Dutch Shultz
———

   I had a plan. A plan that involved stepping back outside into the public without dying somehow. I planned on going out and buying some supplies, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to do that without Tom by my side, someone who could really defend themselves. I am definitely not someone who could defend like Tom does.

  I wasn't sure he would be very reluctant to go out. I knew that it would be a burden to have to protect me. His form of protecting me so far was just keeping me inside the house. He might not even care, he might just let someone rid of me. I hoped me wouldn't and that he would at least look out for me. I was somewhat getting better at firing a gun. The daily practice was getting useful.

  I got off of the couch after staring out at the view for a while, trying to think of something, a way to have this execute well. I walked back towards the stairs leading up, hopping up the steps as I made my way back to the room that was shut in my face. I hoped he would open the door and wouldn't ignore me. Though he hasn't really done that before, there's probably a large chance that he would.

  Once there, my fist collided with the door repeatedly, knocking upon the hard dark wood of the door that was still very much closed.

   I stood there waiting a moment for the door to open, staring at the wood in hope that it would reveal tom so that I could execute this plan.

   "Tom?"

  There was no reply, instead there was silence. Maybe he was still sleeping, although it's almost one in the afternoon. I can't judge though, I know what it's like to sleep till the middle of the day.

   I gently knocked again. "Tom?"

   I stared at the door confused for a moment. He's probably still sleeping. Damn.

   I turned away from the door but froze when I heard it, the sound of a voice, or should I say voices coming from inside the room which made me turn towards the door confused.

   I stepped closer to the door, gently leaning closer to it to get a better hear at what the voices were saying, they came out as muffled but it then became more clear and I could now hear what was going on inside the room.

   "Tom, who's that?" A high pitched female voice asked, her voice laced in confusion.

  "Uh, that's my sister." I furrowed my brows at this comment, leaning closer to the door to try and listen better until my ear was fully pressed against the door. "I meant to tell you she was here."

   There was a silence for a moment. "You told me you didn't have a sister, or any siblings at all."

   "Well, I lied. Heat of the moment and all."

  "Heat of the moment? You were basically ignoring me when I asked you this." She said with her words laced in annoyance. I placed a hand over my mouth to suppress a laugh bubbling in my throat. I didn't mean to find it funny.

   "Well, she exists, so get over it." His voice was now annoyed too, his footsteps now being heard pacing around the room along with the sound of clothes moving and belts jingling showing that he was probably throwing on clothes.