THIRTEEN

"When the nice guy loses his patience,
the Devil shivers."
~Rey G
———
Slight gore warning!

  After Tom had left the room and closed it, I could hear him leave to go downstairs and open the front door. It was then followed by a few other voices which I could recognize as Harrison, Harry and Sam. It appeared that they had made an unexpected arrival.

I tried pressing my ear to the door to try and get a good listen to what was going on, but yet most of the words thats came out of them came out in mumbles and I could only form few sentences together like.

"Why'd you bring him here?"

    "You have the room, it's closer, he's also really heavy."

"You're just weak."

   "Shut up."

  It was followed by several thumps and bangs, some things cluttering over and yelling, mostly from between Tom and Harry who kept bickering over whoever they had just brought into the house.

I could hear Sam and Harry trying to calm them, trying to get them to just quiet for a moment so that they could get what they wanted done. I could tell that they were definitely the peacemakers of the group, always trying to calm the storms.

Tom would listen more to Sam than Harrison, probably because they were brothers, and because what from I could tell, he was the less annoying brother, at least from Tom's perspective. I hadn't really heard him speak yet but I could see there wasn't a fire between Tom and him.

  I could hear their voices coming up the stairs, a few heavy grunts, annoyed remarks and a really loud bang against the stair railings which sparked more bickering between the two.

"Watch where your going! You just slammed him into the railing!"

  "So what? We're gonna beat the shit outta him anyways, might as well give him a knock for starters."

  Then that was followed by another bang.

   "What the fuck is wrong with you? You're gonna get blood on my stairs, you wanker."

"We'll clean it up, why are you being so pissy?"

"I'm not, I just don't feel like cleaning blood."

   "Are you catching feelings for him?"

    "Harry shut up, I swear to god, or i'll throw you off the railing."

   "Tom, it's okay. Sexuality is a spectrum."

   "You twat, i'm not catching feelings for no one, especially not this pillock. He's balding like an egg."

  I listened with furrowed brows. When they seemed to be out of sight from anyone important, they really were just like everyone else. They argued like children between each other even though they put up a facade like stone. It really showed that even the toughest of people can have a softer side.

  I smiled, finding it amusing to hear them bicker. They really did sound like kids in a  playground. They fought over stupid things. I guessed thats what it is like for most siblings, one moment you tolerate each other, the next you're pulling your hair out. I wouldn't know, i've never had siblings.