- Chapter 13 -

Serri made it easy for Noah. She was worried about Percy and decided to walk to the stable to check on him. Noah happened to be on his way to break the lock and had just reached the edge of the forest when she walked past. He hid behind the nearest tree and, with an evil grin in place, watched her walk into the dark stable.

Noah looked around as he quietly followed Serri. He had spotted Joe going into the saloon a few minutes earlier. Perfect timing.

Serri smiled when she saw Percy looking over his stall door at her.

"Hello, big fella," she said as she made her way down the dirt walkway.

"Hello right back."

Serri swung around to find Noah a few inches from her. His huge hand covered her mouth as he swung her around and pulled her against his chest.

"Let's take a little walk, shall we?" Noah whispered menacingly in her ear.

Serri tried to struggle but was no match for him.

Percy started whinnying and stomping his feet.

"Let's get out of here," said Noah as he glared at Percy with a sneer. "Move it."

Serri stubbornly planted her feet but Noah lifted her off the ground and hurried toward the cover of the forest. His hand covered most of her face as he crushed her head against his shoulder to keep her from screaming.

Percy started kicking the stable walls and whinnying louder, as Noah and Serri disappeared into the woods.

"Stupid nag," spit Noah as he put Serri down, never taking his hand from her mouth. "If Eric wasn't so stupid and had just gotten the beast out of the stable, I'd be rich by now. But, no worries. I can still enjoy part two of my plan."

He dragged Serri the rest of the way to his wagon. He'd done a good job of hiding the wagon in the trees. You couldn't see it until you were practically on top of it. And that was exactly where he planned to be with Serri soon.

He grabbed the bottom of her skirt and ripped a strip off. He then tied it around her head, gagging her. As she struggled to get it off, he picked her up and threw her into the wagon. She sprawled out on the floor and before she could get up, he was on top of her.

He spun her around to face him as he straddled her. He leered at her for a few seconds then ripped her bodice open.

"Well, well. Don't you make a pretty pair," he said breathlessly.

Serri tried to claw at his face but he grabbed her hands before they could connect and pushed them above her head. He held both her wrists with one hand while he squeezed her breast with the other.

"Oh, yeah. You and me's gonna have a very good time," he said as he ogled her.

He reached down to undo his belt buckle, pulled the leather belt from his pants, and wrapped it several times around her forearms, fastening it as tight as he could.

Then he lifted her skirt. She tried to kick and buck, but he sat on her legs and ripped her panties open. Then, with glazed over eyes, he began to unfasten his pants.

The sound of a gunshot startled them both as a bullet passed a few inches from Noah's head and lodged itself in a cupboard.

Noah started to get up just as Jake jumped into the wagon and tackled him.

As the two struggled, Serri rolled over and stood up, shaking the belt off her arms. She pulled the gag out of her mouth and grabbed a large cast iron frying pan out of a cupboard. With one fell swoop she smashed it over Noah's head.

As he fell in a crumpled heap, Jake looked at him then at Serri.

"You okay?" he asked.

"My day's going better now. Thanks to you."