Chapter 1: Prologue

Hello fellow readers! I would like to give thanks to those who are viewing the story. To those who are wondering, this is something I decided to come up with. Basically, this is a story that tells the tale of a group of inklings, humans and a continuing octarian crisis. I am not sure if you may find this interesting but I do think this is worth a shot.

Just a heads up, I chosen to have dates posted to the storyline to to give viewers an idea of how much time has passed and etc. For example, since Splatoon 2 was originally released on July 21, 2017. I decided to base the timeline based on dates and year. Since the months or years aren't exactly stated in Splatoon, I decided to use this format. As time is a important factor in a readers' understanding. The storytelling might be confusing for some of you, considering that I decided to start this without a story based on the events of Splatoon and a story leading here.

I also made an animation about this chapter but it really leaves a lot of information out. I suggest reading the chapters instead because it gives a lot more feeling to the story.

Chapter 1: Prologue

July 28, 2017

Octo Canyon

On the strands of Octo Canyon, familiar vocals were booming as a battle was raging in an arena. The battle being fought between an inkling and the great DJ Obtavio. The familiar vocals had belonged to the Spicy Calamari Inkantation. Marie and Callie aka the Squid Sisters were the ones who were singing. Just moments before, Callie was able to be brought back by Marie. It was now up to three agents to beat the DJ. A series of inkrails had spawned high above, circling the arena like clouds. The agents now jumped onto the inkrail to take down Obtavio with modified rainmakers.

The agent in the lead was the energetic and newly recruited Agent 4-1. She had her hairstyle taking the form of a haircut. Aside from her having amber eyes, she fought with great skill. Being personally recruited by Marie and had gone through a lot to get to this point. Currently, she had green ink for the battle as oppose to the natural yellow-orange she normally had.

The inkling in the middle was Agent 4-2; the brother of 4-1 to be precise. He sported a slick hairstyle, having tentacles flow smoothly from his head. His mint green eyes were glued to his sister, following her movements. As he was about two years older then his sister; his big brother instinct was focused on making sure she got through this mission successfully. He too had green ink aside from the yellowish-orange color he shared with his sister.

Last but not least was Agent 3, originally known as Agent 3-2. He was the brother to Agent 3-1, who was currently out on patrol somewhere away from Inkopolis. Originally not in the Agent business, he wasn't as skilled as his sister despite being two years older. Nevertheless, he was glad to help both 4-1 and 4-2 these past couple of missions. And right now, he was where he was at two years before, helping his sister battle Obtavio.

As they battled Obtavio high above the arena, among the octarian battle was a lone inkling who had hidden himself well. He had zoom in googles in front of him, recording everything for analysis. He watched as the agents dodged and fired with accuracy. They all held her own without any help. He watched as the inklings jumped to strike down Obtavio who had just crashed down below. He nodded to the conclusion of the battle as Marie, Callie and Sheldon came in to land next to the waving Agents. He grasped his headphones, talking.