Chapter 3: First Turf War

Orange and Blue took a look at the team on the other side of the Kelp Dome to make sure it was Blue Team. "But how, I thought they went to Inkopolis Square." They both knew that Team Blue decided to go to Inkopolis Square but the clothing that they were wearing told a different story. Blue brought up the stats from one of the nearby tablets and was able to see that the match was purely only containing inklings from the Plaza. Blue finally figured out what might have happened. "I think they came in while we were training Cayley and Emma."

Hearing about how Orange and Blue talk about the other team made Cayley a little confused so she decided to ask how did they know those four. "Who are they?"

"That's Team Blue or Blue Team. They were not the best back in the day. Their names are Specs, Bobbles, Headphones, and Goggles." Orange said with a stern tone.

Emma also questioned about the other team, remembering that she didn't remember any of the newspapers or books saying anything about Blue Team or whatever their team name were. "Wait? I don't remember reading about them."

"That's because they were known as the famously stupid team. Not too many knew about them except the ones who spent their time in the plaza."

So that was the reason? It was normal that underperforming teams tended to be swept away from the top list. But, the way that Orange and Blue described the team they were facing, they seemed to know a lot about them. Blue became mad quickly, gripping the handle of his splattershot. "I been wanting to battle them... since I couldn't escape being a victim as well." He said angerly.

"Blue was confused with Goggles a lot since they both wore pilot goggles and had the same ink color; His team suffered as well because of it. Let's just say Me and my team had to step in too many times to defend them." Orange explained to the younger inklings.

"So, some of the inklings were ignorant back then." Cayley didn't questioned on how ignorant and naïve her own species were since then. Since the Great Turf War was won, they felt superior, to be living in that lifestyle. She got to experience it first hand, thanks to how those inklings acted to Emma back at the park. Cayley turned back to where they were presently, wondering if they could win against a team that was referred to by their status. "Well... can we beat them?"

"They can be disorganized at times but they managed to win several times in the past." Blue said questionably. Unsurprisingly, it seemed that Blue Team were able to come on top against teams that had higher performance... either through pure luck or due to the incompetence of the other team. It didn't matter for Orange and Blue though; They seemed to be trilled about battling them. That left the two junior inklings to account for, and based on where her and Emma were at, there was a 50/50 chance they might be able to win their first match.

"Okay Blue, I want you to go with Emma and aid her while I'll help Cayley."

"Got it!"

They were separating into two to watch each other's backs? Cayley wondered how that would work since the teams that she saw on the television would individually separate to cover their own section of turf. It might have been because of her and Emma being there. Both her and Emma were in their first match after all, so it would be effective in a way to not worry about being snuck up on. Cayley didn't want Orange to be slowed down by her, but since the turf war matches were fast paced, something might happen during that time. This was a learning experience after all so, she might as well take it to heart.