Chapter 4: Turbulent Past

"Avery?"

"That's right. Avery Alexander."

Cayley and Emma looked over the set up that Avery had, taking his appearance in. He was waiting a reply from them. He just introduced himself to them so it was only natural that they give him their names, even if their full name might not have mattered that much.

"Cayley Splatspray."

"Emma Splattermore."

Their names were alright, they had meaning like his. Their last names were alright as well. Avery already seemed to have a commonality with them.

"Are you new here like us?" Cayley asked him.

"Well... actually, I am one of the older squids who used to come here."

Both the female inklings could guess that Avery was on pair with Orange and Blue; That would mean he has the same experience. Avery saw the glow for joy in their eyes, they might have thought he was on the same level as he was which was also true. Although he hasn't done any turf wars since the last time he was here. He didn't how to put it to them though, he had a long story to tell them about what he has been doing for the past two to three years. Truthfully, he wanted to tell about how he has been going around stopping an Octarian take over on multiple islands. But then that would give them a bad impression.

He chose to move on from the subject of being one of the older squids. "That reminds me, I hate to ask this but what are your ages?"

"Both of us are 15 years old."

"Both 15 years old huh? Funny, I was at that age when I first did turf wars."

"He was fifteen as well when he started turf wars? Talk about coincidence." Cayley thought.

"Oh! That would mean your eighteen then." Emma stated.

"Correct." This was sort of an odd conversation he started; It was small but it was the only way he could start fitting in with these two though. "Do you mind if I could hang out with you two then since you two are ecstatic about the squid sisters and their music."

"Sure!" Cayley and Emma replied at the same time.

Avery too was a fan of the squid sisters, he loved their music as with the other inklings back in 2015. He still have been a fan of them, even after he began to know the truth behind them though; The truth of them being secret agents.

"Do you think you can help us with finding an apartment since you know your way around Inkopolis?" The question Cayley asked to Avery was a difficult one for him to answer. He moved back then because of what happened during that time. He has to tell them the practical truth.

"To tell you the truth, I moved out of Inkopolis back in September of 2015 so I am on the same book as you two."

"Oh! Why don't we share the same apartment then?" Emma happily said.

"Sure, why not!"

The three inklings left the skate park and took a bus to the nearby high rise apartments. The complexes were built differently than those found at Flounder Heights but they still offered the same qualities. They talked the rest of the way after getting off the bus, with Avery just finishing up with his opinion on the songs from the Squid Sisters.