Chapter 5: Plaza Integration

Jeweli and the octolings she was with prepared themselves behind corners as the elite octoling still hollered out orders to those who volunteered to be at the front. They been waiting ever since that day those elites came and splatted their own rightful leader and demanded their loyality. They were all planning to go to inkopolis after their leader claimed that they were all free to go since Octavio was defeated again. The first time, the leader devoted loyalty to Octavio, convincing them to all stay. That view changed after Octavio was rescued. Obtavio didn't even promote the supply splatoon, even though they, like many others that stayed afloat to continue the fight. They were all ignored and not promoted. Instead, all attention was diverted to the elites even though it took a normal octarian splatoons to free Obtavio.

The leader knew what was coming after the Great Zapfish was stolen a second time. And after that battle with both the Agent 4s, the supply splatoon moved into the mountains to continue the fight. After that battle, the leader gave her speech on how they dedicated they were, not to Octavio but to her. Everyone was cheering at the fact, that their leader saw the same views as them; A escape to a better life. They were all going to depart the next day when it happened. On the morning that they were suppose to leave, the leader was splatted at point blank range, replaced because of her incompetence.

Jeweli had gotten to became close to the leader, becoming her second in command and to see her splatted like that, it reminded her of the inkling family and forced her resolve to break out. After five months of preparation, the splatoon was ready to go all out. To the splatoon's eyes, Jeweli was now the replacement leader. The elites used fear to control all of them but a splatoon does not fall based upon fear though. The four elites might have had more training but they had the numbers. They had quantity over quality to put it.

Although they were only meant to supply the octarians out in the front, handing out rations, providing the weapons and fuel. They all received the same training and were armed like the normal splatoons, that was something that they needed if things got desperate or they came face to face with an agent.

Jeweli and the octolings took once last look at each other before slipping their shades on to hide both their eye colors and their identities. Those elites barely got to know the splatoon but they weren't stupid; They were bound to recognize who was rebelling.

Before this, the splatoon all were colored bright red but now they were all colored in purple. They chose this because it was Jeweli's color. Jeweli decided that if she wanted to fit in, the bright red color that she had all her life was to be done away, replaced with purple, which would be her natural color from now on. From the pictures obtained from Inkopolis, the octolings there had the option to chose their natural colors; Where as, the octarian army had to stick primary to red and black.

All the elites had the distinctive black ink color while the normal octolings all had purple. For this reason, everyone who had the same purple won't be able to splat one another. However, the octolings who volunteered to be the bait, still retained their red ink so they had to be careful to not splat them on accident.

The elites won't be able to recover after since they won't be able to heal from the damage. The box that Jeweli and that octoling moved earlier contained the last of the medical supplies. They sent it away to another splatoon in the region that were planning to rebel against their elites as well, may it help them be successful.

At the moment the clock in the middle of the big room struck 11:30, they all sprung up and started attacking the elites. Due to the surprise, one elite was splatted due to the combined line of fire. The octolings that were out with the elites ran for cover to give some breathing room.