Chapter 6: Street Racing - Part One

Base 991, Inkaishi Mountains

Ali walked about the deserted base to check out if any octarians remained. She along with Coral and Olivia had expected to face trouble upon entering the kettle but instead only encountered one elite octoling. The octoling went down fighting but it seemed like she was injured before they came here. Ali had her suspicions and wondered if the octarians were tipped off about their arrival. That was the unlikely outcome though since that octoling was injured. It seemed like the whole splatoon had left this octoling for dead since one of the kettles was shut closed. The three agents searched the base and found nothing, except several empty crates and ink tanks.

Nevertheless, the agents did what they could and destroyed anything useful to the octarians with their own weapons. Based on what they were able to obtain, these weapons had origins that dated to the age of humanity. The weapon was like a splat bomb but instead of using ink, it used a material the humans called gunpowder. The agents set up the weapons around and got out before a series of explosions caved in the whole base.

The three agents shortly arrived back to base, seeing Marie and Cap'n Cuttlefish. "Ah! Welcome back, lass!"

"Hey, Captain!"

"How did the mission go?"

"Well, the mission we were assigned was different today."

"How so?" Cuttlefish asked.

"When we hit that base, we expected run into octarians like previously, but we found this base almost deserted; As if the octarians knew we were coming."

"Strange... Normally octarians would stay and defend their positions."

Cuttlefish and Marie questioned about this change all of a sudden. They were fighting octarians who were holding out of both octo valley and octo canyon.

"We found only one elite octoling defending the entire base, and what's more noticeable to us was that it looked like she was fighting somebody before we arrived." The footage captured from the agent headsets confirmed what they told to Marie and Cuttlefish.

"Marie, do you think the whole splatoon turned against the elites that was commanding them?" Coral questioned to Marie.

"It's possible, I think the Calamari Inkantation finally kicked in and caused them to defect." Olivia and every other octoling in Inkopolis was proof of how octarians could change for the better.

"You think they are all in Inkopolis?" Ali questioned.

"Maybe... We can't worry about them though, we still need to keep the octarians at bay." Marie urged the situation they were still in.

"You three deserve to be off duty for a week so you can rest and enjoy Inkopolis. Six, Seven, and Nine will be taking over your duties until then." Cuttlefish said to the three female agents. The three grew cheerful for the first time in a while, they could finally rest since their brothers would be taking over. They had a week but they will make the rest worth while. They waited until their brothers arrived on scene into their base of operations.

Each of them were dressed in their agent gear as needed. With his topknot hairstyle and blue eyes, he greeted his younger sister with a hug. This was Eric Isla, Ali's brother. He was also known as Agent 6, formerly holding the designation of agent 3-2 and Agent 3 on solo. Next was Marcus Iva, who was Coral's brother. He was known as Agent 4-2 and Agent 4 when working solo. Lastly was Zale Octavian, Olivia's brother. He stepped up to his sister, his gold eyes stared happily with her own.