Chapter 9: Incorporation

Hey Readers! Happy New Year! I hoped you all had a Merry Christmas! As this is the last chapter of 2021, This chapter is going to be shorter then usual since I am celebrating. 2021 sure felt like it went fast and I had a few obstructions that led to a short stop on the chapters. My resolutions for 2022 is hopefully getting more chapters out and obtaining a copy of Splatoon 3. I hope to spend more time on the animating and getting caught up with the chapters. Enjoy this last chapter of 2021 and stay safe!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: Incorporation

Two officers shown up in a patrol car and after determining the look of the plaza, they called for additional units including several police vans to take away the guarded octarians. The officers then went through questioning everyone in the plaza, this included the octarians. The octarians tried contradicting what they did and basically told lies. The officers didn't care much to listen to the octarians and did their job. After all the questioning was done and over, the police finished up and left in a convoy.

Where they will put the octarians weren't much of a concern for everyone, at least for now. Their punishment were to be determined by all in the plaza when they were ready. Now that they were gone, Avery told Blue and Orange about what he found and they picked up on where they were before with the technicians to see what they could salvage. In effect, the lobby was just dead in the water. Because the octarians took all the car engines and the fuel to run them. No power meant they won't be able to battle, and no battles meant that they won't progress at getting the plaza operating. This octarian attack might have set them back even further.

After a head count, Orange and Blue felt that it was best that everyone made their way to their apartments to take some time to recuperate. They would deal with the plaza in latter time but for now it was time to recover. The four friends were back in their apartment feeling the effects. Cayley, Emma, and Jeweli were dressed back in their normal clothing now and had gathered around relaxing with ice cold drinks. Although it was only just a few hours after, the effects were still present. The pain receptors within their skins didn't seem to hurt upon being touched physically but the burning sensations from being hit were still there like an invisible force.

Being used to the burning sensation already, Avery and Jeweli wasn't affected as much. For the two younger inklings, it was going to take time to get used to. The apprehension was mixed for the four. All their minds were replaying the whole experience; First was battling the octarians with the rush of adrenaline, sprinting, dodging and etc. Second was how the plaza was going to recover from it.

Cayley was no longer thinking about the battle but the plaza. What the octarians did was just frustrating to all of them. She slammed her mug down on the table to vent it out. "Why did it all have to happen on the first day? Today was suppose to have been a good time for everyone in Inkopolis. Instead of the plaza being the place of nostalgia, it is instead filled with the images of octarians and ink. The news would quickly spread all over and make no one want to come to the plaza and we won't be able to play turf wars."

"Easy... Cayley..." Avery exhaled and took a slip from his mug. "We got through it right? If we could do that then we can do the same with the plaza."

Emma looked from her mug and joined in. "Avery is right, It's going to take some time but we will find a way to get through this."

"What else are we suppose to do? We have other options to help power the plaza but it's still going to take more then our combined strength."

"We'll just have to go along and adapt. First thing that we should do tomorrow is discuss this with Blue and Orange but for now we should get a head start."