seven.

YELLOW" chapter seven

YELLOW
" chapter seven... "
( 💛, 🩹, 🐝, 🍋, 🍯, 📒 )

AS ELEANOR and stiles lay on his bed, surrounded by history books and highlighter pens, she let out a soft sigh and rested her head on his shoulder. he looked down to her, watching as her eyes slowly opened and closed as she read the same page for the fifth time.

"elle, you want me to take you home?" she shook her head, lifting it off of stiles' shoulder, making them both frown slightly. she attempted to pick up a highlighter, instead accidentally flicking it off of the bed and frowning when she did so.

"come on, let's get you home." he pulled her off of his bed, ignoring the small mess of potato chips that sat in a little pile on his bed. she picked up her school bag, slinging it over her shoulder and smiling to the boy. she didn't want moments with stiles to end, and that was beginning to worry her.

"you know, i feel like i'm babysitting—oh my god, i am. i'm totally babysitting you." she rolled her eyes as he helped her climb into the passenger side of the jeep, as she learnt over to flick his forehead as he climbed into the other side.

"fine, if you're so passionate about it, you're babysitting me." she said with a playful smile, making him bite one back as he started the engine. she leant back in her seat, rolling the window down and letting her hand hang out in the night air. the moonlight shone through her hair, lighting up a pale streak on her skin.

"stiles, you wanna know a secret?" she'd been babbling nonsense for the past few minutes, her tired state bringing her into a trance that left her talking in riddles. he'd been listening to the sweet nothings that had left her lips, taking in each word into his mind.

"what's your secret, sunshine?" he gave a small smile as he glanced to her every few seconds, making sure to keep his eyes on the road most of the time. he couldn't help but watch her, and the way she spoke about the things she loved, and the things she felt passionate about.

"you're my yellow." she gave a small giggle afterwards, as stiles pinched his eyebrows together. he didn't understand what she meant at the time, but in the future he'd understand exactly what she meant when she called him her yellow. she wondered if isaac was right, if she really did like stiles like he believed.

"what does that mean?" he questioned, taking his time at a red light to really take in her appearance. it almost took his breath away, and an eruption of butterflies began flying in the pit of his stomach as he watched her. her hair was a mess, and her eyes were watering slightly, but she was so ethereal to him.

"listen to the song, and you'll get it." and he wished he did. oh how stiles wished that he'd listened to that song when she told him to. maybe then she wouldn't be where she was. maybe if he would've not been selfish, he could've stopped what happened. he could've been the hero.

"okay, sunshine. whatever you say." her eyes fluttered shut as she leant her head back on the seat, letting her thought engulf her. images of sunflowers and beaches on a cold day fluttered over her brain, making her smile softly, which etched a grin onto stiles' lips.