sixteen.

YELLOW" chapter sixteen

YELLOW
" chapter sixteen... "
( 💛, 🩹, 🐝, 🍋, 🍯, 📒 )

STILES AND eleanor walked into the hospital hand in hand, with elle having to slightly pull her boyfriend towards where she knew she would find scott's mother. she was beginning to worry about stiles, a lot more than she usually did.

"doctor gardner isn't back until next week. do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care..." melissa had to trail off when she and eleanor noticed stiles' glossy eyes and shaky breathing. elle looked up at her boyfriend with worry in her eyes, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"stiles? hey, come on." melissa took the two teens into an empty hospital room, pushing stiles down onto the bed, with elle kneeling on the floor and holding his hands. stiles went to say something to the older woman, looking to eleanor for confirmation.

"blackouts. but not for that long. and sleepwalking, which i used to do a lot as a kid. also having some really bad anxiety." eleanor didn't realise just how bad it was for stiles, and how much he needed to be in that hospital bed right now.

"oh, and i temporarily lost the ability to read." that was the only thing that stiles had told her. he felt bad for keeping secrets from his girl, but he couldn't have her worrying about him to the point where she got sick. because that's what she does.

"how many hours of sleep are you getting?" she asked, and stiles was quick to respond with a figure. elle knew he wasn't sleeping properly, based on the way she's wake up to an empty bed, and see stiles sitting at his desk at three in the morning.

"eight. in the last three days." melissa sent a look to elle, who only shook her head and held his hands a little tighter. she wasn't going to let him go through any of this alone. melissa asked a few more questions, before pulling a needle from a drawer and standing in front of stiles.

"do you trust me?" even though eleanor had only known melissa for a little under a year, she would trust the woman with her life, and stiles'. he gave one of his sarcastic remarks, before slowly nodding his head and letting her push the needle into his arm.

"lie down, sti. i'll be here when you wake up." and she would be. eleanor wasn't going to leave that boy's side until she knew that he was fine. based on melissa's worried expression, and the way she was coercing stiles to sleep, there was something bad wrong with him.

"you promise?" she only nodded, placing a soft kiss on his forehead and squeezing his hand. as melissa tucked the boy up in bed so that he could get some rest, she leant down to kiss the top of eleanor's head, smiling gently. "thanks mom."