Chapter 2 - ANNOUNCEMENT

OLIVER WOOD POV - Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

"This year, I promise, will be a good one. I worked on the tactics, and there is no doubt that we will win this season's quidditch trophy," Oliver said to Percy as they walked through the doors of the great hall. He stopped for a brief moment, taking in the ambience of the room. His eyes wandered over the tons of familiar faces he hadn't seen all summer.

It looked like the beginning of every other year in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The torches on the walls sent a comfortable warmth, and tons of students crowded the house tables. Hundreds of candles floated under the ceiling.

Oliver was ripped out of his thoughts by somebody pushing him away.

"What the--," Oliver started, spinning around. Marcus Flint, alongside a few other Slytherins, passed him, laughing mockingly.

"Watch where you go, Flint," Oliver barked, straightening out his school uniform. Marcus only smirked before he walked towards the Slytherin table, greeted with howls and handshakes.

"What a prick," Oliver cursed, looking after him.

"Don't mind him. You have the whole year to hate him," Percy answered. He was busy adjusting a red and golden sign onto his uniform. Satisfied, he looked up, meeting Oliver's gaze.

"What?" Percy asked, tilting his head.

"You're head boy?" Oliver stated, surprised. Percy's shoulders slumped, and he sighed, annoyed.

"If it weren't for us to be friends since first year, I would dunk your unattentive head in dragon dung," Percy remarked. "I wrote you about it. We even talked about it...in the train."

Oliver felt his cheeks reddening. To be honest, he hadn't listened. This article in the Quidditch Quaffler had been so interesting that he'd completely faded out Percy's voice.

"Well, congratulations," Oliver stammered, rubbing his neck.

"Nevermind," Percy waved off, walking towards the Gryffindor table. He puffed his chest out, making sure that everybody would see the head boy sign.

Students' chatter bounced off the great hall walls, sharing stories from their summer holidays as they passed the benches. The magic ceiling had already turned into crystal clear night, mirroring the sun outside the castle that had already set.

Oliver and Percy took seats beside the rest of the Gryffindor quidditch team. Angelina was busy talking to Katie, and Alicia rummaged her bag for something.

"There he is. The whole family pride. Percival Weasley. LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, BE QUIET TO HEAR HIS WISE WORDS," Fred announced as Percy took a seat on his opposite.

"Fred," Percy hissed, squinting his eyes.

"What?" the twin grinned, tilting his head.

George took the seat beside his twin. His mouth curved into a cheeky smile as he noticed Percy. "If that isn't our future prime minister. How long until you march to Fudge's office, telling him that you'll take his place, Perce?" He stretched out his hand to touch Percy's pin. Percy harshly slapped his hand away.

"Stop it! You're not getting to hex it again."

George snickered, leaning back. "I think that my description was far more matching." He wiggled his eyebrows. "WLB. World-leading braggart."

Oliver tried to suppress a smirk as Percy muttered quietly.

"Oliver," Fred greeted him.

"Fred, George," Oliver greeted the twins.