Chapter 19 - HORVAT

LYOVA RASMUSSEN POV - Durmstrang Quidditch Captain

The warm cushions in her bed send an alluring invitation to sleep just a little bit longer. Lyova yawned as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. She had been up late to finish the last essay about the usage of sneezewort for Professor Snape. She already missed the winter vacation, as she left bed for her first lesson after the Christmas holidays. Instead of relaxing, Lyova had spent most of her time with quidditch training and homework. Apart from the homework, it had been a dream coming alive.

The first lesson of the day was potions, a subject nobody wanted to be late to. Lyova hurried towards her wardrobe, kicking away some clothes that were scattered over the floor. She quickly dressed in the school uniform, already brushing her teeth at the same time. Lyova grabbed her wand from the nightstand and spat out her toothpaste before uttering a few words, swinging her wand. The clothes on the floor lazily moved to one corner of the room. She would take care of that later.

When Lyova joined her teammates for breakfast, Farkas handed her the Daily Prophet, already opened to the sports section.

"BULGARIA AGAINST PERU — PREPARATION FOR THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP," the headline of the article said.

Lyova cursed under her breath as she quickly read over the article. Later this year would be the Quidditch World Championship for which Viktor and the Bulgarian national team had already qualified. Nevertheless, there were still some matches that they would have to play this year. Lyova had hoped that those matches wouldn't influence the Hogwarts's ones, but unfortunately, this one did.

She scrunched her nose, thinking about the consequences of that information. Not only that they would have to play without Krum, but it would already be their next match against Ravenclaw.

Grabbing a piece of parchment and her quill from her bag, she hastily wrote down some lines.

Headmaster Karkaroff,

I'll need my substitute seeker Ivo Horvat for the next match as Krum will not be available due to a game with the Bulgarian quidditch team.

Please let me know when he'll arrive so that I can plan the training.

Yours sincerely,

Lyova Rasmussen.

"Meet you at potions," she grumbled, rolling up the parchment. She went to the owlery to send it away before the lesson would start. Even though she had hurried not to be late for potions, Professor Snape had already begun to lecture when she entered the classroom.

"Miss Rasmussen, care to tell us why you're late?" he snarled.

The entire class turned to stare.

"I needed to send a letter," Lyova answered quickly, marching towards her seat.

"Next time, send your letters on your own time, not when you're supposed to be in my class. Sit down," Professor Snape said poisonously before turning back to the blackboard.

"Yes, Professor," Lyova took her place next to Oliver, who'd already gathered the following potion ingredients on their table.

"Hey," he hummed, not looking at her.

"Wood," Lyova answered while unpacking her book, some parchment, and a quill.

"As I already explained earlier..." Professor Snape shot her a look at her an evil glare. "Today, you will brew the befuddlement draught."

Lyova leaned over to Oliver to see what page his textbook was open to. She quickly flipped hers open and began reading the ingredient list: sneezewort, lovage, scurvy grass...