Chapter 29 - A TOAST

LYOVA RASMUSSEN POV - Durmstrang Quidditch Captain

"A toast to our captain, our leader, our friend, our sister." Kazlauskas raised his glass, speaking a toast to Lyova. The whole Durmstrang team sat in their common room around the fireplace, drinks in their hands. Lyova smiled widely before emptying her glass.

"Thank you," she replied to all of them.

"The competition is almost over, and there are only three more games until we win the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup." She looked into her teammates' eyes. "I know that you don't want to talk about quidditch right now, but I need to tell you that this whole thing means so much to me. Spending this time here with you – my teammates and friends make me feel happier and more proud than you could ever imagine. Thank you for every single day supporting me, having my back and kicking other people's arses if necessary," she grinned at this part.

"For making this experience the special one it is."

Her teammates stared at her, startled by the sudden outburst of emotion. None of them had ever experienced her so emotional. Lyova raised her glass.

"For the team" - За команду".

"For the Honor"- "за честь. "

"For Durmstrang "– "за Durmstrang "

Her teammates raised their glasses and drank up before Farkas came over and pulled her into a firm hug, patting her back.

"Enough," Silva demanded sharply. "No need to get emotional."

Farkas backed away and flashed Lyova a wide smile.

"We should hurry" Silva took a look at his watch.

"Hurry for what?" Lyova asked. "I thought it's just us, having some drinks?"

"Just shut up and follow us," Kazlauskas said, smirking at her.

FRED WEASLEY POV – Gryffindor Beater

He impatiently watched the clock. Last year, he and George had discovered the Room of Requirement by coincidence. When Lazarev had told him about Lyova's upcoming birthday, they jumped at the chance to throw a party.

The guests were quite mixed. Mostly Gryffindors were already standing there, drinking and talking. However, the Durmstrangs had also invited students from other houses. Fred scrunched his nose as he saw Marcus Flint and some of his teammates appearing. Silva must have invited them.

George nudged his shoulder. "When did they say they would come?"

"Around eight," Fred answered, looking at the colossal grandfather clock the room had placed along with one of its walls.

OLIVER WOOD POV – Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

The door of the Room of Requirement opened, and the Durmstrang players entered. He saw Lazarev flashing Fred a knowing smile before dragging Lyova into the room, who looked startled as she recognized how many students were in there. The surprise had indeed worked out well.

"SURPRISE!" a few students yelled and shot sparkles from their wands.

Lyova opened and closed her mouth without saying anything, seeming to be so surprised that she was actually at a loss for words.

"Do you prefer staring or actually talking to her?" Percy had appeared beside him. Oliver frowned, looking at his roommate, who gave him an assuring smile.

"What are you doing here anyway? Isn't a party against your Head Boy code of ethics?" Oliver laughed, trying to avoid answering the question.

"Oh, should I go and alert Professor McGonagall?" Percy threatened, smiling.