Chapter 15 - BROTHER

OLIVER WOOD POV - Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

Angelina had told him about the conflict between Lyova and one of her beaters that had happened a few days ago. Since then, Lyova and Farkas had seemed distanced. Not that they didn't share the same table or didn't talk while training. But Oliver got the feeling that they tried to dodge each other.

This could be an advantage in the competition. He remembered the last season when Russia lost against Lithuania after their keeper and beater had had a big fight before the match.

"Look at that," Percy said while reading through the Daily Prophet. "Sirius Black has been seen in Hogsmeade."

"Who?" Oliver ripped his look away from the durmstrang table and looked at the newspaper. The mugshot of a long-haired wizard covered almost the whole page. His cheeks looked hollowed as he screamed at the camera.

"As long as McGonnagal doesn't try to cancel quidditch, everything's fine," Oliver uttered, pouring himself a bit of tea.

"By the way," Percy cleared his throat. "Do me a favour and win tomorrow. I bet on you. Ten galleons."

Oliver looked at him, surprised. "Where did you get ten galleons?"

"I didn't." Percy's ears went red.

Tomorrow would be their first game of the season against Ravenclaw, and Oliver had spent countless nights lying awake, wondering whether his team was ready. He looked outside the window, noticing the first snowflakes of the year.

"Enjoying breakfast?" Fred slipped in the seat beside Oliver, nudging him to create more space.

"What are you up to?" Oliver narrowed his eyes.

"You remember our little plan to pull a prank on Flint?" Fred whispered excitedly. Oliver nodded.

"Just watch your favourite Slytherin chaser drinking his coffee," George grinned. Oliver turned his head and spotted Flint sitting next to ... Lyova. Why was she there?

"We put a choking potion in his coffee," Fred interrupted his thoughts.

"Not deadly or badly injuring. Just enough to scare the hell out of him," George added with a grin, observing Flint.

LYOVA RASMUSSEN POV - Durmstrang Quidditch Captain

Even though a few days had passed, the tension between her and Farkas still was strained. Her mood was already down. But when Madam Hooch had told her that she needed to ask Marcus to get one half of the pitch this night, she'd practically been fuming.

She needed this training time to have no interruption in their teams routine. Lyova entered the great hall and let her eyes wander through the room. Marcus already sat at the Slytherin table, reading the daily prophet. It seemed like his teammates were still sleeping.

Lyova clenched her jaw and walked over to him, taking the seat to his opponent. He looked up, a smug smirk appearing on his face.

"You finally seem to understand what is good for you," he mused, closing the newspaper. Lyova rolled her eyes and grabbed for the coffee pot next to his plate.

"I need half of the pitch tonight," she stated, pouring the hot beverage into a cup. Marcus snorted.

"And what gave you the impression I would give you that?"

"Because you, for once, decide not to be a prick?" Lyova blew onto her coffee. She looked at him, mustering his appearance. Like most Slytherins, he was clothed in a neat school uniform, with a shirt that looked newly ironed. A little silver snake was pinned onto his tie.