Chapter 23 - LIONS & BADGERS

LYOVA RASMUSSEN POV - Durmstrang Quidditch Captain

"Lyova," Kazlauskas said impatiently.

"Just a minute." Lyova sat on the carpet, rereading a paragraph of her history of magic essay.

"We're running late."

"I know." Lyova curtly glanced up, checking the time on the common room clock. Her tummy growled. She'd even skipped lunch to finish the homework.

"I want a good seat." Kazlauskas threw his head back, sighing.

"And I want to pass history of magic." Lyova put the parchment and her quill on the small wooden common room table and groaned as she got up. Slowly, she stretched her legs.

"I'm getting old."

"You don't say." Kazlauskas threw her coat her way and shortly looked out of the window. Lyova followed his gaze and saw the grey sky. It was an extraordinarily windy day, and the weather promised rain.

"You might put this on as well." Kazlauskas reached over her red hat and walked towards the mirror. Lyova followed on his heels, buttoning up her red coat.

"The others already went to the pitch," he muttered under his breath. Lyova rolled his eyes under his silent accusations as they increased their pace. As soon as they left the castle, the wind began tearing on Lyovas hair.

"What a weather to play quidditch," she cursed, holding her hat in place. Farkas stood next to Roger Davies, obviously waiting for her.

"Come Lyova. We're sitting with Davies today," he commented and dragged her towards the Ravenclaw tribune. When they reached their places, Farkas handed her pumpkin juice and a sandwich.

"The others said you missed out on lunch."

"You're my saviour, Wojtek," Lyova thankfully sighed, taking a sip from the cup and a bite from the sandwich. Sitting down, she observed the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff players entering the pitch. Cedric and Oliver shook hands before climbing their brooms, waiting for Madam Hooch to whistle.

"Hufflepuff? I thought today would be Gryffindor against Slytherin" Lyova asked, surprised.

"They swapped last minute. Something about Malfoy being still harmed by that hippogriff," Farkas answered, shaking his head. "They just didn't want to play at this weather if you ask me."

"Such pricks," Lyova cursed.

"Welcome students to this game, which I just realized happens already to be the sixth one," Lee Jordan spoke into his microphone. "That means that there will be only four more games after until we know who is going to win the Quidditch Cup." He added, excited.

Wood again shouted at his team without interruption, changing his strategies by the second, showing a side of him that would explain to her why others described him as "maniacal".

Cedric, on the other side, seemed to be furious. Their loss against the Slytherins had hit him hard, and he surely didn't want to repeat it. Both teams did their best, fought intensely, and Lyova saw some strategies that she had never seen before.

Ten minutes into the game, the first droplets of rain found their way down, and Farkas raised his wand to create rain protection for them. Soon, the sky became dark, worsening the terms of play. Lyova narrowed her eyes to make out the different players that vanished into the stormy weather from time to time, only to be seen in a blur.

"AND DIGGORY AND POTTER HAVE FOUND THE SNITCH," Lee shouted into his microphone dramatically. Lyova searched the field until she found them flying. Both seekers were fighting for the lead in chasing the snitch, flying head to head.