Chapter 22 - ONE BY ONE

WOJTEK FARKAS POV - Durmstrang Beater

The morning after they had lost the game against Ravenclaw, Farkas was already up, sitting on a couch in the Durmstrang common room, reading the Daily Prophet.

"BULGARIA BEATS PERU" – KRUM ON HIS WAY TO WIN THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

None other than he had expected, knowing that Krum would become a great seeker from the moment he had first met him. One by one, his teammates lazily entered the common room and waited for Lyova to get ready for breakfast. She had many good things about her, like her coaching skills and passion for their sport, but she was terrible at waking up early.

Farkas didn't need to turn around to see her presence when she stepped down the stairs. It wasn't her relaxed, sleepy, typical morning - aura. She looked fierce, her black wavy hair flowed over her shoulder, and her blue eyes scanned the room coldly.

Something had changed since yesterday, and a familiar feeling crept up in Farkas's chest. Lyova was no longer in defence mode but looked like she wanted to attack - breathing fire like a Ukrainian Ironbelly.

He remembered meeting her for the first time when she was arguing with another Durmstrang student about a subject he couldn't remember. After she had beaten down a guy that was at least three years older than her, he had never dared to even look at her again.

"Remember, when I said, we'll save our anger for the game?" Lyova approached her teammates, receiving suspicious nods.

"Scratch that. Bloody Flint will regret that he ever tried to mess with us. I will destroy his players, one by one", she announced with an intense look.

Farkas exchanged a look with Silva, who smirked at her words. Nobody dared to say something or change her mind. Sure, Lyova was the smallest of them, but for Merlin's sake, she could intimidate people like no one else.

"Poor Slytherins," Farkas thought to himself as he followed Lyova to the great hall. He could sense how the students turned to her and whispered as they saw her, making space as Lyova went through the room.

Farkas could swear that a younger student even started to cry as she saw her. Probably imagination. Lyova scanned the whole room, searching for anybody who would mess with her, her teammates walking behind her.

MARCUS FLINT POV - Slytherin Quidditch Captain

He had almost missed the murmuring on the different tables until Bletchley almost spit out his pumpkin juice, coughing heavily. Turning around, Marcus was stunned to see Lyova crossing the room, having an aura that seemed to have changed overnight.

He saw her looking coldly through the room, exactly knowing what she was doing and watching it work.

The surrounding students looked at her with confused faces, whispering, but no one tried to address her, even though she had made some contacts in the last months. Marcus needed to watch out, sensing that Lyova was in attack mode now. Excitement grew in his chest.

Now she was speaking his language.

OLIVER WOOD POV - Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

Oliver stirred their potion, looking at Lyova from the side of his eyes. Something about her was different. She seemed distracted from the lesson, fumbling with her wand under the desk, mumbling quietly.

Suddenly, the potion in Warrington's cauldron started to boil, splashing around, burning the students nearby. The Slytherin's eyes widened, and he began panicking, backing away from his desk. Professor Snape stormed over and pointed his wand at the potion, which vanished immediately.