Chapter 35 - WARDROBE

OLIVER WOOD POV - Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

"Watch out!"

The quaffle hit Oliver's chest, causing him to fly back some meters.

Lyova flew to him to check if he was injured before she started to yell after seeing he was unharmed. "Wood, I can not train with you when I can't be sure that you're concentrating."

Her hair flew around her head wildly, and sweat covered her face. Oliver just nodded and tossed the quaffle back to her to keep on training, but Lyova gave him a stern look and shook her head.

"That's it, let's change," she said just before she turned away from him and flew to the ground.

Oliver sighed, following her down. Next week would be the game against Slytherin, and he couldn't think about anything else. Oliver followed Lyova to the locker rooms when she quickly turned around so that he almost bumped into her. She was so close that he could feel her heated breath.

"What is your problem, Wood? You're too distracted to work with. As useless as a bloody doxy," she asked through gritted teeth. Her cheeks were red from anger.

Oliver inhaled deeply, anger rising within him.

"Have you got nothing to say?" she inquired, narrowing her eyes.

"I was just thinking about the next game," he said back, trying to be calm, but his voice cracked.

"You need to have your head here, not in the future. Not when you're training. You know as well as I how dangerous it can be." She poked her finger to his chest, spitting the words enraged.

"I am aware of that." Oliver grabbed her wrist to stop her from poking him again, looking into Lyova's eyes until she shook her head and sighed deeply.

"I am not your captain. This is your problem."

She freed her wrist and went to the changing rooms, her robe swaying behind her.

"Hurry, we need to go to lunch," she yelled over her shoulder before disappearing.

Oliver was speechless. Why would she ever talk to him like that? It was like she was pushing him to his limits in training. They had met often, recently and trained their skills. She was a good instructor, as he could block more and more of her quaffles, but her tone had changed from friendly to demanding and requiring over the last time. He quickly went to the changing rooms to not be late.

LYOVA RASMUSSEN POV - Durmstrang Quidditch Captain

She tried to calm down as she quickly showered and changed into her school uniform. All the anger that had built up after the ball, she let out every practice occasion.

Lyova had used all her free lessons before lunch to train with Wood. She had thought about the talent scouts at the last game of the season and figured a strategy so that they would take Oliver as a player.

Still, she would do anything to win. But if Oliver was good enough, he could impress them without actually winning the game. Lyova was angry that he seemed so distracted. That bloody keeper needed to concentrate on their training. If he were one of her players, she would have made his life a living hell for not following her instructions full-heartedly.

Lyova put on her skirt and buttoned up her shirt. The tie hung loosely around her neck, and her school robe was stuffed into her bag. "What's next?" she asked Oliver as she left the changing rooms.

"Care of magical creatures," he answered shortly. His hair was messy after the shower, and his cheeks reddened from the effort he had put into the training. Together they went to the great hall to grab something for lunch.