chapter twenty-eight.

a/n: i'm in the making of a hawks x reader fanfiction, uh- check it out when it gets published! i'm expecting it to be around 1/17, if not later. thank you so so much for 2.7k!

"ah, hello l/n." the red haired male spoke into the receiver, catching the ears of them both. katsuki grumbled under his breathe. "old hag...."

"y-yes, uh, do you happen to know the cause of death by neito monoma?" she spoke, knowing that if he hesitated, she would know the answer. a few seconds, and nothing. no words. hesitation. that's a plus then. a light bulb entered her mind, flicking on.

"no, why? is there something wrong?" he asked, his voice becoming slightly more shaky than it was. good for her then.

"no, thank you enji-san!" she chirped, hanging up. katsuki gave her a weird glance, mentally asking what she did.

"it's easy to tell when someone's a liar, because of the tone and hesitation to a question. if they hesitate, guilty, if they don't, seems trustworthy." y/n explained to him. but the ash-blonde still had thoughts.

"yeah but why would icyhot bastard's dad do this? got a hatred for him or something?" he thought out loud, earning a hum from y/n.

"i don't think that he really did this, but he organized it, for sure."

"damn bastard, shooting MY men? what the fuck is his issu-"

"you sure it was him?"

"yeah of course it was! he hesitated, lying." 

"well, it could be-"

"the media is going to be all over this damn case, sh-"

"shoto." y/n stopped him. 

"shoto planned this. i'm sure of it, it all traces back. the phone records? hitoshi shinso. his records? todoroki shoto. but, i-i just don't understand why...." she blurted out. her eyes brimmed with soft tears as he brought her into his chest, kissing her head. his thoughts that were previously scrambled, were merging together. 

"jealousy, i-i think he likes you, y/n... but i can't let him have you!" he blabbered, earning a light laugh from y/n. "i am yours katsuki, always and forever." she whispered, kissing his cheeks. his cheeks became red, a ray of blush erupting them. 

and her phone rang. she picked up the line from her pocket, curious about who could be calling her. she sighed, answering it and her eyes dilated by looking at the caller ID. 

"y/n? are you alright? are you safe?" he yelled into the receiver, y/n startling at the liud voice of worry and anxiety.

"i'm fine, todoroki." she said, clearly irritated.

"what? last name bases now?" he asked, curious.

"...why?" was all that came out of her mouth.... "why...kirishima...?" she asked him, a pause erupting from her phone. then, came out a sigh from the red-and-white haired male.

"it's not as easy to process, y/n...."

a/n: SHORT CHAPTER