chapter twenty-nine.

a/n: guys this book is gonna be coming to an end soon 😔 thank you for 3k however! and whoever has read it in all honesty, ILY. YOU DESERVE THE WORLD. also bakugou is OOC this chapter-

her heart, stops. she felt, oddly betrayed. even though this was his choice and she fuly knew that, she couldn't help but feel, stuck. what did he do? what did she do wrong? was this even about her? was it a personal matter? but i thought shoto hated his father? was it even his plan? her mind was in a scramble. 

"i, fell in love with you." he starts off, earning the eyes widen of y/n and katsuki. "heh, so hard. i don't know what came over me, but just seeing you, it made me feel something different. something i never ever felt before. it made me feel, love. is that it? i think so. i know, you will never forgive me for saying this, but i wanted you. we've known each other for oh so many eyars, and... i couldn't help myself. i just couldn't. please, y/n. i don't ask for you to share my feelings, in fact i don't expect you too. just, listen to me. still be friends. you told me yourself that we would always stand together, beyond forever. so, please... i-"

"i will never forgive you." she interrupted him, hanging up the phone. coldness took up her entire body, and she made her way upstairs, shutting the door like an angsty teenager. katsuki didn't follow her, allowing her to be alone for her time. but he made it his duty to check on her chances he got. 

so, the blonde made his way out of her shop, and quickly dialed kaminari, for the update on his best man. well, soon to be, when him and y/n get married, obviously. 

"dunce face, i-"

"hey bakubro..." he heard a weak voice say over the phone, and his eyes lightened up. kirishima. he sounded tired, but still able enough to speak coherent words. katsuki just smirked, a genuine one, that is. 

"hey red riot." he greeted, earning a breathy chuckle from the line. 

"king explosion murder." they both laughed.

"you doing alright? where are you? why do you have dunce face's phone?" the leader began to panic. kirishima just laughed at his state. it was rare for katsuki to be in distress like this. 

"relax, i'm okay. one shot to the shoulder, though. nothing too awful. i have kaminari's phone because i forgot mine back at the warehouse, and i was quite in the most rushed state. so i might've dopped it." he could hear the sheepish tone in his voice, which made him quickly click his tongue. "mina;s here with me." the red-haired man blurted out.

"oh?" katsuki questioned, playfulness mixing through his tone. kirishima began spluttering out nonsense which made katsuki cackle. "alright alright, chill, you sound like that damn nerd deku. yeah i get it, you and pinky are a thing now. yah yah." he groaned, earning a sigh of relief from kirishima. 

"bro, how's y/n?" he asked. katsuki kept quiet for a moment.

"i don't know. apparently icyhot organized this attack, and she's pissed. she's in her room right now. i don't know how she feels, i mean..." katsuki sighed. "i want to be there for her, but... icyhot was her friend. y/n's life-long friend. ought to be tough, eh?" he asked kirishima. he hummed in agreement. 

"it'll be tough on her, that's for sure. just try to be there for her as much as you can, bakubro. a little goes a long way. that's what mina told me. support her, whatever she says, listen. if she rambles on. listen. i know it's hard for you to show so much affection and all, but, just think about what it can do. she'll thank you in the long run." kirishima reassured, leaving katsuki to slightly smile.

"thanks weird hair." he said, while hanging up the phone and making his way up the stairs to y/n's room. he knocked on it, and y/n opened the door. her eyes were glossy, and her hair was disheveled.

without warning...

his lips were onto hers. 

a/n: next chapter will contain smut.