Chapter Twenty-Seven

I sat there, handcuffed to the pillar, waiting for either the Winchesters or Rowena to come and let me go. Dean sent me a quick prayer filling me in. He said that they were heading back to the "scene of the crime;" the cabin. I, obviously, couldn't pray to him and explain what had happened to me, so I was stuck waiting. I twisted around and got my fingers on my phone in my back pocket. However I was in such a rush to get it into my hands that before I could get it securely in my grip, it slipped and dropped on the floor, skidding under the table.

"Son of a bitch," I growled. "Way to go Luke, you just lost the best chance you had of getting in contact with Dean. You're doing a fricking fantastic job at this hunter shit so far... and now you're talking to yourself. That's... that's just great." I sigh. How long have I been sitting here? Thirty minutes? An hour? I tried to convince myself it had been a while, but it had probably been only fifteen minutes. If I focused, I could still hear Rowena and Jack talking in the storage room. Then their voices stopped and didn't continue. I assumed Jack had flown off and taken Rowena with him.

Now I wait.

---

I heard the Impala pull into the garage and gave a holler of joy. Once they walked down the stairs, however, my smile fell when I saw Dean carrying Mary's body. He hadn't seen me yet, and I was too shocked to say anything. I'd figured that Jack was going to try to resurrect Mary, but there had been no body to bring back to life. At least, none that I'd seen. Did he just bring back the body with nothing in it? Or did he find her body somewhere else and try (and fail) to bring her back to life?

"Holy- Lucas, what happened?" Sam asked, running down the stairs and starting to untangle the chains that were knotted around the pillar. Dean turned around, frowning, and his eyes widened as he stared at the handcuffs. But he cleared his face and walked off so fast that I didn't even get to really process if I had actually seen it or not.

"Jack's the one you've got to thank for this," I explained to Sam as he unwound the last of the chains from the pillar and slipped them off the cuffs. "Thanks. I don't know where he put the key, though." I sat down in one of the chairs surrounding the map table as he started to look in the drawers on the desks with the old radios and telegraph machines on them. "Hey Sam?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, what's up Lucas?"

"... Jack said something about trapping Michael with these," I held up my hands. Sam nodded. "And Dean seemed a little freaked out when he saw me with these on by the stairs. Uh, what I'm trying to ask is; did Dean have a bad run-in with Michael and have to trap him with these or something?"

Sam looked back at me and sighed, closing the drawer and holding up a spare key for the cuffs. He crouched down in front of me and as he took the handcuffs off, explained, "Not quite, Lucas. Umm, you see, Dean is... well, he's Michael's sword."

"What?"

He took off the cuffs and went towards the dungeon to put them away and I followed him. "Dean is Michael's true vessel. Like how Jimmy Novak is Castiel's. I'm Lucifer's." I nodded, hiding my shock. "A while back, he Michael from a different reality crossed over into our world. Long story short, Lucifer stole Jack's grace and became super powerful, while Jack was dying. Dean had to let Michael in in order to kill Lucifer. He did, but then Michael took the wheel and Dean was stuck inside his own head. For some reason, he left Dean and got in a different vessel, just in time for Dean to come home and Jack to die. So we used magic to bring Jack back to life, but it fed on his soul, and even more so when he used his powers. Then we tried to take Michael, who had been building a monster army to take over this world, by surprise. But he jumped back into Dean, and we had to use those handcuffs to trap him.

"I think the reason Dean was so freaked to see you chained there was because that was exactly how we had Michael trapped. And I mean, exactly. Same pillar and everything. Eventually, Jack used his powers to kill Michael, but that was what burned off the rest of his soul. That's why he's been acting the way he has."

"Oh," I muttered. What was I supposed to say? Oh, yeah man, that really sucks. Anyway, should we go burn your mom's corpse now? Fat chance.

"Although," Sam frowned at me. "I do wonder; those cuffs barely held Michael, and you're a lot more powerful than him. Logically, shouldn't you have been able to get out of them?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I felt like I could have, but I'd also figured that since they were so strong, they'd be useful to have later, and I didn't wanna break them for you guys to not have them later."

Sam cracked a smile and pat me on the back. "I don't think I've given you enough credit Lucas. You're a pretty cool kid."

---

Later that night, I emerged from my room and made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water, where I found Sam and Cas sitting at the table looking at old pictures. "Hey guys," I muttered, walking in and standing next to the counter. Sam nodded and Cas smiled at me, before they continued their conversation.

Castiel was saying something about "Dumah" telling him that Mary was at peace in Heaven, when Dean appeared in the doorway, scowling. "So what, you're just going to take her word for it?"

"No," he sighed, "No, she let me in. I saw your mother's heaven, and she is happy. She's with John and there's no sorrow. There's no guilt. Just joy."

I nodded silently and took a glass from one of the cabinets, filling it up with tap water just as Sam finished explaining that Jack just brought back a shell, not even a body. "A replica. Incapable of holding life." He hung his head. "So what are we supposed to do now?"

"What we always do," Dean grumbled.

A/N: Geez, I just panic-wrote this entire chapter in an hour. Because, predictably, I was too lazy to write it beforehand. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it. By the way, I'm thinking about maybe making a crossover of either Once Upon A Time, Teen Wolf, Percy Jackson, or Supernatural. I don't know which yet, but I'd like to cross one of those over with another. If you guys have an idea for one, comment it please! I'd love to hear from you. And thanks for all the support! :D