Chapter Six

The next day, I heard a knock at the door. "I got it, Ms. Cole!" I hollered to Milo's mom. I hurried over to the door and opened it to find agent de Young. "Oh, hey," I greeted him. I glanced behind him at the street, but there was no car there.

Agent de Young handed me a slip of paper and said ominously, "Meet us at this location in exactly twenty minutes. Come alone."

I glanced at the paper. When I looked back up, the agent was gone. As I closed the door, I examined the paper further. "Hey Ms. Cole? Can I get a ride?"

---

Milo's mom dropped me off in Old Town. I thanked her and she told me to call her when I wanted to be picked up. I said I would. When I got to the location on the paper, I found agent de Young waiting for me. I went over to him and muttered, "This is a nice spot." We were standing in a gazebo behind a couple of shops overlooking the bay. "Where are your partners?" I asked him as I leaned against the railing.

"Setting something up," he answered simply.

I nodded uncomfortably. "So, um, what did you want to talk to me about?"

He sighed, and what he said next sent my world into chaos forever. "Your father, your real father is named Michael. Your grandfather likes to be called Chuck. His sister is known as Amara. Your uncles Gabriel and Raphael are dead. Your other uncle is also dead. But he has a son named Jack Kline, your cousin."

I was gaping in shock as he continued.

"You had many, many uncles and aunts, but almost all of them are dead. I'm one of your last surviving uncles. "

"Wait, but-"

"I'm not from the FBI. My name is Castiel. I'm an angel of the Lord." All of a sudden, his eyes glowed bright blue and a bright light came out of nowhere, blasting a shadow (against one of the buildings) of him... with wings. The light went away and his eyes stopped glowing. "You, Lucas, are a nephilim, and the son of the archangel Michael."

With that, he put a hand on my shoulder and we were suddenly in an empty spot at the beach. There was agents Lennox and Thornton there, except they were wearing jeans and flannels instead of suits. Lennox came over to me and held his hand out for me to shake, saying, "Hey, sorry about the fake names. I'm not actually Lennox, and that's not actually Thornton. My name's Dean Winchester, that's my brother, Sam." He nodded to the newly-dubbed Sam.

I shook his hand numbly. My father was an archangel? My Shannon had taken me to church every Sunday, and I remembered that when I was a little kid in Sunday school, we learned about the archangels Michael and Lucifer, how when the seals were broken, the Apocalypse would come and Michael would fight Lucifer to the death. And to think, that was supposed to be my dad and uncle? I was too shell-shocked to think straight, so I didn't realize Sam was talking to me.

"What?" I asked him, snapping back to reality.

"Listen Lucas, I know that this is all really sudden, but we're going to go summon your dad from a cage in Hell, so Cas is gonna send you back to the bunker to meet Jack."

"My cousin," I stated.

"Yeah. Jack's a nephilim too, so he might be able to help you out a bit."

Before I can say or do anything, Castiel taps my forehead with two fingers and suddenly I'm all alone in a completely different place.