Chapter Twenty-Two

Dean and Mary came walking down the bunker hall, holding a handcuffed man in a white shirt between them. Sam, Jack and I were walking up to find out what happened, and I could tell Sam was pissed. As they turned a corner, Sam rushed up and threw the man against the wall. He was practically foaming at the mouth. Mary stood back with me and Jack.

"Woah! Hey. Hey!" Dean separated the two and reassured his brother, "Not now. Okay? Not yet." Sam slapped his hand away and stalked past us, I assumed to go sulk somewhere. Dean and Mary kept the man walking. I guessed that they were taking him to the dungeon, which I had found while exploring on my second day here.

---

Mary, Dean, Sam, Jack, and I were all gathered around the map-table thing in the main entryway.

"But he was - he was just sitting there waiting for you?" Sam was trying to understand what had happened. He snapped, "That doesn't make any sense. What kind of game is he playing here?"

Dean shook his head, saying, "I don't know. If you ask me, that psycho's seen way too many '90s serial-killer movies."

"Nick doesn't even know Donatello!"

"Lucifer did."

"Wait, wait, wait," I spoke up. "What's going on? Who is that guy and why is he in the dungeon?"

Dean sighed and explained, "Nick was Lucifer's vessel. When I killed Lucifer, Nick lived through it, and -"

Sam interrupted, "And I was stupid enough to let him leave. I thought that, 'Hey, he was tricked, he didn't do anything wrong! He deserves a second chance!' And what did he do? Hmm?"

"I, uh-"

"The minute I let him out he goes and starts killing people! And now he's got Donatello," Sam seethed.

I looked to Jack and mouthed, Wow.

"It doesn't make any sense to me, either," Mary continued. "But Donatello, we - we're running out of time."

Sam, who seemed to have calmed down a bit, nodded. "The poison we can handle, thallium. The antidote is Prussian Blue, we have some of that here. A-and the live feed Nick showed you, um, maybe I can hack that?"

"Good, great," Dean nodded.

"But it's gonna take time," Sam explained. "Maybe more than we have."

"All right, well Nick said he wanted to talk. So let's talk," Dean said, stepping away from the table.

"Yeah, let's talk," Sam began following him, but Dean turned around and pushed him back.

"Hey, hey. No, no, no."

"What?"

"I need you to stay here."

"Why?"

"The way you are right now, if Nick looks at you wrong, you're gonna waste him. That can't happen!"

Sam scoffed. "All right. Yeah, sure. Not yet."

"Right," Dean nodded. He walked off and I followed. "Woah," he stopped me. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm gonna help."

"Listen, Luke -"

"No, you said I can help next time. Well, welcome to next time." I smiled sarcastically and shrugged, before walking past him to the dungeon.

I heard him sigh and mutter to Sam and Mary, "Now I know how dad felt," before following. I smiled to myself. When we got outside the door, Dean stopped me. "Hey, Lucas, I just want to warn you, it could get pretty graphic in there."

I nodded, and Dean opened the door, then the hidden bookcase, where I saw Nick, tied to a chair in the middle of a giant Devil's Trap. He smiled up at us. "Hey fellas."

---

Again, Dean punched Nick asking the same question. "Where's Donatello?"

He blinked. "You having fun?"

"Oh yeah, having a riot."

Nick looked over to me, leaning against a wall with my arms crossed. "Yeah, what about you, huh? Enjoying the show?" I didn't answer, just glared. He chuckled, "Y'know, I get you, Dean. You and me, we're almost like brothers, you know. Michael, you, Lucifer, me, we both know what it's like to be hog-tied to a nuclear warhead man."

"Hmm," Dean nodded before clocking Nick in the face again. "Cut the crap. Where is he?"

Instead of answering the question, Nick said, "You're never the same after something like that, are ya? Being one with one of them. It changes you. Makes you more than human. Come on Dean, admit it," he continued. "With Michael, you were a prince. Now you're just a broken Hunter. You're too stupid to know you've been beat." He laughed, smiling through his bloody teeth.

"Beat?" Dean asked, "What are you beating me at? Hmm? Come on, Nick. What's this all about?"

Nick looked up, dead serious. "I want to see my son."

A/N: Wow! Almost 600 reads!!! Thank you all so much! Sorry for missing the last update, I was travelling for Thanksgiving.