*Part 14*

Jakes pov

It's been three weeks since I arrived in prison , I have become good friends with Caleb these past few weeks.

A guard banged every cell door shouting "Wake up! Rise and Shine!"

I woke up full of joy "Good morning Caleb"

He rolled over to face me "You woke up happy for once"

"Of course I did" I smile "It's visiting day"

I strolled out of my cell and headed over to the showers "It's visiting day!" I exclaimed getting many stares from around me.

I got my first meal , I looked up to the man serving it "Happy visiting day"

I strolled down past all the cells "Happy visiting day , Tommy! you excited for the family to come? Tino , is Maria on her way?" I stroll futher on "Miguel , happy visiting day-" I face his cell and see him hanging there "And he hung himself. Oh , my god. Guard! Guard!

I sat in my cell for a while waiting till it was visiting time and the time finally came , I was guided to a room full of tables but one that stood out to me was the one My wife , My son and My best friend Charles was sitting at. Sadly Liv couldn't come because you have to be 18 or over.

"Hi" I greet them as they stood up.

"Hey dad"

"Hey babe"

I pull my son in for a hug as well as my wife "Oh man , three weeks is way too long"

"I know I'm so sorry. It's been so hard to get down to South Carolina between work and spending every free minute on your case" Amy tells me.

"Alright thats enough touching" The guard interrupts.

We pulled away as Charles whispered "You used all the touching time Amy and Mac , I get 100% of the good bye touching time , 100%"

We all sit down and I can't stop staring at Charles' hair "So Charles what's going on with your hair?"

"Well as you know it turned white from the stress , but I didn't wanna worry you so I died it back brown with a splash of Batali. Do you like it?"

I stare at him and look over to Amy "So how's the case going? How are you guys? How's Liv? I've been working the case in my cell , at night , in the dark. I guess mostly I've been think about it"

"We are tracking her 24/7 , you know watching her crew , combing her files but she's doing a great job at covering her tracks" Charles tells me.

"We will find something babe" Amy assured me.

"I know" I sigh "so how is everything?"

"Liv hasn't been great" She looks down "Outside the courthouse she jumped on Hawkins back strangling her"

"What really?" I gasp.

"Yeah and then she's been suspended from school for 3 weeks last week and they said if she gets suspended again shes facing being expelled , she hasn't slept in almost a week and she hasn't left her room but I think that might be because shes grounded"

"I'm sorry I haven't been there"

"No it's fine , you can't help it the squad have helped a lot as well"

"So how's prison dad?" Mac asks me.

"It's okay , they don't really like cops here so I'm in protective custody" I answered.

"Any fights?"

"Oh yeah tons" I smile "Last week I was just eating my lunch and the-" I'm interrupted by a buzzer.

"There's an incident in the yard , all inmates line up. We are going into lockdown" The guard announces.

"No , no , no , no , no , I have 50 more minutes I need this" I beg.

"Back to your cells right now"

"No!" Charles exclaims "My touching time"

"I love you guys I'll see you in 3 weeks" I yell while being guided out.

Amy's pov

I watch as Jake leaves the room and I let out a sigh , I couldn't believe how little time we got to talk for. We are then guided out of the building to the parking lot and we head to our car , back to our house after dropping Charles back home.

I enter our house and head to Livs room to see her lying there staring at the ceiling "Hey Liv"

She sits up "Mom why are you back so early?"

"There was an emergency and your dad was taken back to his cell"

"Oh , what did dad say?"

"He said that he loves us"

"Oh" She slumps back down into her bed.

"Do you want McDonalds for dinner"

"Yeah sure"

"Okay what do you want from there?"

"Just a chicken nugget meal with a sprite"

"Okay , I'll be back soon"

I get no reply so I just leave the room and leave to head to McDonalds.

Livs pov

I lie in my room thinking about my dad and what he's doing , if he's thinking about me. I have been trying to get a lead on Hawkins every day without my mom knowing but I haven't found anything , it's killing me. I decide to get out of bed and clean my room , as soon as I get up I look around my room and my bedroom is a mess , there's clothes all over the floor. I walk over to the mirror I was pale and my hair was matted at the back , I give up on cleaning my room and get back into bed.

*****

My mom arrives back home so I head downstairs , when I arrive back I see the squad sitting down there and I immediately turn around.

"Liv get back here"

"No I look like crap"

"I don't think they care"

"Yes but I do care"

"Do you want your food or not?"

"Sure"

I walk back down the stairs to be greeted by smiles that were clearly forced , I look at them and roll my eyes.

"You don't have to put a fake smile on" I tell them while taking a nugget out of the box.

"What do you mean we are just happy to see you" Terry smiles.

"Whatever I'm going upstairs"

"No you're not it's game night" My mom stops me.

"What? We haven't done game night since Dad and Rosa went to prison"

"I know but we thought it will lighten the mood a bit"

I roll my eyes and sit back down next to Charles "Fine"

"Hii" Charles smiles.

"Charles what is up with you and your hair?"

"Well it was grey but I died it back to my natural hair"

"That is not your natural hair colour"

"I just added a splash of battali"

"Right , it looks good I guess"

"Thank you"

I finished eating my food and we played tons of games , it was actually the first time in weeks that I had smiled. Everyone was drinking and I found myself sitting on the couch as my eyes get heavier and heavier until I doze off.

==================================
omg I have finally finished this chapter after putting it off for a while so hope you enjoy it :) this is also rlly short soz
==================================