"and i forgive you for snooping" II

it's been a week since i flew out of corpse's apartment building. it was painful to walk out on him crying his heart out. it used to be me who comforts him every time he's in a bad state of mind. it truly hurts, physically and mentally. but the thing is i can't be there for him anymore, what he did hurt me, and it's reasonably not a good idea being there for him when he confessed that he cheated on me.

I've been staying at anais' house, who's a good friend of mine. she and i met way back on my first day of school. her hair was this long beautiful golden locks, her skin was fair, her slim nose pointed downwards. very thick eyebrows, which she probably got from her dad, kind blue eyes, and cute pink plum lips. you could say she's a charming one.

pretty funny considering i used to have a crush on her when we first met.

I've been crying nonstop since I've arrived at anais' house. she has been coming in and out of my room to try to get me out and make me go out to take a walk, in hope to help me clear my mind. but that surely didn't work.

i lay down on her guest room's bed, on my back. staring up at the fan on the ceiling, and my phone tightly in my grasp. it's probably stupid of me for expecting him to call, and say that he's sorry and that he wants me back. but hey, what a girl who has been a lovesick puppy for him gotta do.

"y/n, sweety. please, come out", i heard anais' accented voice called me from the opposite room, "this is not healthy for you. let's take a walk, I'll come with you", she begged

"anais, please. let me be, i don-"

"i don't care! please, i want ice cream, let's get ice cream. my treat!", she said clapping her hands

i smiled softly at her attempt at cheering me up. this whole laying-in-bed thing is really not getting me anywhere, so i grabbed a black hooded jacket, which is apparently corpse's. i put it on, zipping it halfway over my dark grey tank top, following it with a random sweatpants that I'm already wearing. not giving a single fuck about how i look and also thinking of no good reasons to dress up nicely just to get a damn ice cream. it's not like I'm picking up a guy today.

grabbing my phone on the way out, i slam the bedroom door open revealing anais who's leaning on the hallway wall, looking down at her feet. when her eyes met mine she grins widely, "you're finally out, huh?", she jokes

"don't press it", i muttered looking down playing with my feet silently, "come on let's get this over with"

"okay, I'll start the car", she giggles, leaning in kissing my cheek, "so glad you're finally out, babe", she said

"yeah, yeah. hold my phone, will you? I'll get my sandals", i scoffed jokingly, as i pull the jacket's hood over my head, walking back to my room to get my pair of nike sandals

as i got inside the car, anais looks at me with a frown plastered across her face, i look back at her raising my eyebrows, as a way of saying 'what'. she hands me back my phone, motioning me to look at the screen

corpsey
y/n
can we please talk
today
right now?
i'll be at the cafe where we used to get our breakfast
the one's in front of our apartment
please i'm already here
i'll explain everything
just come.

i gasped silently, glancing at her before looking back at the text, "what should i say?", i asked biting anxiously on my nail.