"i remember you" II

"I'll be right there"

and that's all it takes. y/n immediately rushed to the door. the sky was still dark and heavy rain clouds were lurking above her. she quickly shoves her foot to her worn-out vans and grabbed the closest items to her which were her iPhone, her brown wallet, and her car keys.

without thinking of locking her house, she jumped inside of her car and drove of to the hospital. at this moment, her mind was in a blur. her teary gaze was set straight on the road, eyebrows furrowed in focus, upper teeth biting roughly on her chapped lip. she can feel how her lips were bleeding but that was set on the back of her mind.

the hospital wasn't very close and wasn't very near either, it was a 30 minuted journey from her house, but from the way she speeds through the roads, it took her roughly 20 minutes to get there. y/n didn't really care about her safety right then, she needed to see corpse.

was he okay? is he in a critical condition? that was the only thing that crowds y/n's mind

as she parked messily in the parking lot behind the hospital, she slams her door close and hurriedly ran to the hospital ignoring the rain that's spilling on her. y/n rubs her nose against her long-sleeve looking left and right for the receptionist. when she finally finds it, y/n's eyes widen with hope,

"excuse me, miss?" y/n asks shakingly

"hello, dear. how may I help you?" the lady in the receptionist asks y/n gently. somehow her gentleness makes y/n calm down a little as if everything was gonna be okay. y/n shook out of her own thoughts and took no time to ask her for corpse's room number.

"I'm looking for corpse husband's room, I'm his girlfriend by the way." y/n asks rubbing her palm together as her right foot taps in a beat signaling her nervousness.

the receptionist smiled softly before looking into her computer clicking on a few letters before looking back to y/n, "oh you must be-"

"yes! i am- please where is he" y/n whimpered slightly as if she was ready to cry. thankfully the receptionist was understanding enough to let y/n through with corpse's room number. not wasting another second, y/n gave the lady a quick thank you and rushed off to the elevator pressing the button of the floor corpse was on.

y/n let out an anxious breath until the elevator dings open, she quickly runs off searching for corpse's room until her eyes light up once she saw it. 1811.

her excitement soon disappeared when anxious thoughts clouded her mind once more. what if he's disappointed at me? would he be mad? she shook those thoughts off, muttering a 'fuck it' under her breath. y/n pushed on corpse's room door making it creak silently, making her slightly winch from the sound it made.

and then she saw him. well, he saw her. because once y/n took her gaze away from the floor, his dark eyes were already set on her. y/n saw corpse's eyes widen, and she could swear she saw his pupils slightly dilate. but maybe that was just in her mind. as if on cue, y/n's heartbeat picks up at the sight of him.

his dark tired eyes were looking at her in interest and surprise, his eyebags were a physical proof of his tiredness, his raven curls were sitting messily sitting on top of his head. he was pretty.

what makes her heart melts is when she runs towards him, corpse was already there offering her with open arms. it gives her a little sense of hope. and without thinking less y/n leaps into his arms. y/n was now content. she doesn't have to worry anymore. she doesn't need to live in anxiousness anymore. her hands was tightly wrapped under his armpits to his back, and his arms was holding the back of y/n's neck and her back, he was cradling her.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered to y/n's ears, making the hair on y/n's arms stands up. he pulls away a little and repositioned their embrace. thumbs to y/n's cheeks, as it rubs to her cheeks softly.

"Please, never do that again." y/n whimpered, chuckling slightly to ease the sad tension in the room. their foreheads were now touching, heartbeats in sync, their eyes were locked together gazing lovingly at one and another.

y/n was happy, until...

"I won't, Monica. i won't."

Monica. well that's away to kill a conversation.

at this, y/n immediately pushes corpse away. it's as if that name just crashes y/n's whole world down. staring at corpse in disbelief, y/n could only shake her head slowly. in response corpse just looked at her with confusion-filled eyes, asking 'what is wrong' with no words spoken.

"c-corpse, who's Monica?" y/n stutters out. now, saying his name was like spitting venom out of her mouth. y/n knows exactly who Monica was. that damn bitch.

"you're not my girlfriend?" that was the second time a word has hurt her.

"you've got to be kidding me..."

that was two years ago. that was the last word y/n said before running out of the room. the last thing y/n has said to corpse husband. and never again y/n remembered corpse husband in that last two years.

apparently, after y/n rushed off from corpse husband's hospital room, her mind went blurry from excessive thoughts that caused her to get hitten by a red Marcedes outside of the hospital. thankfully, she survived. but of course, at that moment corpse didn't know. it'd crushed him if it did.

why? because as soon as y/n rushed off, he saw an iPhone on top of his bedside table. but what catches his eyes was a familiar face. it was a polaroid of him and a girl. funny enough, he remembered who she was.

from y/n's side, it was like she was bound to forget him. after she was rushed into the hospital and woke up, she didn't remember a single thing from the last moment she had with corpse. she got amnesia. a permanent one at that. she didn't remember a single thing. her parents were devastated, yes. but at least she doesn't have to remember him again. it safes her from it.

it was like she was bound to forget him, and god just made it easier for her.

-
ta-da! it's over, how was it?

sorry not sorry it took a week to write a second part. i pity you guys so i made u a second part. 😀

i just realized i've written angsty story 3 times in a row #proud

i love you<3 stay safe!

-all my loving, b