"i remember you"

y/n woke up to the sound of pouring rain, it was an oddly cold day. it hasn't been raining since two months ago. it seems like mother nature knows what she's doing, she knows how y/n was feeling and decided to grieve with her. well that's how y/n would like to think, at least now y/n know she's not alone. on days like this, the wind would whisper and y/n's mind would drift to him. she'd think of him.

she remembered all the tears she'd cry and all the times she called his name wishing for him to come back. she'd always be there for him, she never did anything wrong to him. she cherished him. out of all the times he needed her, she always came through.

she decided to get out of bed and think that it's best to be productive, in an attempt to distract her mind from her swarmed thoughts, y/n stretched her worn-out body and sat herself up from the bed, putting on her home sandals she walked through the silent hallway of her apartment to the kitchen. she let the dim lighting take over, thinking it's no bother to turn the lights on.

but then the corner of her eyes caught something, it was a picture. it was a painting from the day they went out together. back when he still loved her, back when she thought she knew they were meant to be, back when everything was okay. it was a painting of a bright scenery, loads of trees and grass, and a bright sky. she bit her bottom lip, holding a laugh as she noticed a drawing of a person in the middle of the painting. a man wearing all black, their head was full of thick raven curls, with a flower crown on top of it. their back was turned away from the painting but y/n knew exactly well who the person was meant to be, considering she's the one who paint it.

"corpse, love? turn your back to me, please" y/n's accented voice call out.

"why?" a deep rough voice questioned, but corpse obeyed still. what makes it funny is the difference in their voices. they'd get strange looks from people when they hear them talking back to each other, and make each other laugh. but they didn't give two glances to them, in their world they both are the only ones who matter. it was only the two of them against the world.

"just do it, and stay still" she giggled as she reached out to put a flower crown she made earlier on top of his curls, of course with her getting stopped by him for a second.

corpse flinched a little when she saw her hand hovering over his head, he gripped her wrist softly as he turns his back to look at y/n with his eye squinted. "what do you think you're doing-"

corpse got silent when he realized that y/n has flicked his forehead, and proceed to put the crown on top of his head. corpse blinked still in surprise and turn to his previous position without a word. he shook his head holding back a smile when he heard y/n's loud laugh.

for people who'd heard y/n's laugh would think it wasn't very feminine. corpse loved it though. he loved her laugh. she has always been insecure about it for the longest time, but from all the times she spent with him, she learned and grew to love it. corpse cherished her laugh, especially when he's the one who's making her laugh. it'd make him see, and stay grounded once more when love went blind to him. he was grateful for her, he can stare a lifetime to her eyes because it gives him a sense of comfort and a feeling that she'd be there for him. he wished she'd be there for him, to the end of his time.

and little did he know, time after time she was there for him.

he holds still for her for what feels like a lifetime, he didn't mind though. he'd wait for her. corpse kept himself busy with a flower that has fallen out of the crown, until he heard y/n clapped her hands, "I'm done! corpse, come here. take a look"