Chapter 19 - Day At The Doctor's

You did feel a little bit guilty about what you said to Hiro earlier but that was his own fault! Honestly, the kid needs to grow up and stop being such a baby. If he doesn’t now then the world will eat him up alive later on in life. But that wasn’t what was worrying you right now, it was the fact your eyes were closed and you appeared to be sleeping but you weren’t dreaming and couldn’t move if you even tried. This had happened before when you were eight years old but your fourteen now, you should have grown out of it. You searched every inch of your memory to remember what it was called, then the word ‘sleep paralysis’ came to the tip of your tongue and that triggered a memory.

~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~

At the young age of eight and long before, you hated doctors. Not one specific thing but a never ending list of horrifying details about them and anything close to a doctor. Pediatricians, nurses, anyone that ever went to medical school. But the thing you hated most was therapists. Their job is just too easy, from the way the word is spelled down to the solid fact they make hundreds of dollars off of one crazy person by just asking over and over, "And how do you feel about that?"

Right now, you…well, eight year old you, was sitting in a large leather chair in the waiting room of some kind of therapy place with you father sitting next to you. You both were so bored your eyes had practically glazed over. Everything about that place freaked you out, the receptionist’s mean attitude, the guy in the corner of the room talking to his own hand and called it ‘Sally’ while the woman watching a talk show was whispering to herself while in a fetal position as she was rocking back and forth.

Now, to any adult, this would be a normal sight to see at a therapist’s waiting room but to such a young girl like yourself…this is pretty much out of your comfort zone for weirdness. Back then, before the incident known as ‘it’ by you and your friends, your father was very nice to you. Your (E/C) eyes were wide with fear, you were swinging your legs off the end of the chair since you were too little to reach the bottom and you anxiously gripped your hair between your small fingers, the same habit you do to this day.

Your dad, seeing your reaction to this place, took your free hand and held it while giving a reassuring look as if to say that you would be fine. He was hit on often, he wasn’t bad looking. He had (H/C), which was passed down to you as well as his (E/C) eyes, similar to yours but slightly darker. You would be happy for him to be with someone so he could be happy but it was difficult to think about your own dad dating someone other than your recently dead mom. You gave a small smile to him as a man in a white coat came out of a large wooden door with a list of names and said,

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

You felt what remained of your confidence and pride slip away at that very moment. Your dad held your hand as he walked to the lady with you by his side. The scary event that happened afterwards was even more frightening…they separated you. With your father going back in the waiting room while you were being taken to some kind of room where this therapist worked. Believe it when it’s said, you, at this point was petrified about what was to happen now. A woman came in the room, she was very formal looking in a pantsuit with dark blue eyes, medium length brown and shiny hair in a ponytail. "Are you (Y/N)?" She asked in a kind tone. You nodded shyly,

"Take a seat and make yourself comfortable. Well, go on." She ordered strictly, you nodded again and did as she asked. She gave a hum of approval and clicked a black, ball point pen.

"You seem to be fairly obedient. ‘Well trained’." She wrote down on a sheet a paper.

"Raised." You whispered and the woman peered out from under her eyelashes with a wicked look in her deep blue eyes.

"What was that?" She asked with a small threat, your heart beat increased wildly with fear and adrenalin.

"I said, ‘raised.’ I’m not an animal, it would not be ‘trained’ the correct word would be raised." You said feeling a little bigger as your heart beat gained even more speed, you could almost feel the pure anger bubbling in your veins, rising to a temperature that might explode in this woman’s face. You did not take threats lightly, nor do you get pushed around by someone that has no authority over you, what so ever. The woman ignored you and went back to her work.