Chapter 27 - Can You Hear The Karaoke?

(F/M) = Favorite Meal

(F/D) = Favorite Drink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh, there is NOTHING in here." Hiro complained as he glanced around in the fridge, it was about as empty as the grand canyon. "I guess Cass hasn't cooked for a few days." You observe while Hiro nodded. "Well, that was a disappointment." Hiro grunted and shut the fridge door as the cold air from it pricked at your skin one last time.

"I know a good karaoke place a few blocks down, if we hurry, we can get a good seats." You say and glance at the time on the microwave which read 12:48pm in neon green numbers. "Karaoke? I don't think so." Hiro judged it.

"You don't have to sing, you can just sit there."

"Fine but am I allowed to yell 'Boooooooo'?" He asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Sure but do it at the end when we're about to leave, I don't want to get kicked out before I finish my meal." You order and Hiro nodded with a big smile that showed off his tooth gap, which by the way, you found unbelievably adorable! Hiro shoved on his brown high tops with the yellow laces and double knotted them, as usual. Since you got back in the house twenty minutes ago, you were ready while Hiro put on his hoodie. "Dude hurry up, if you go any slower we'll have to sit in the middle row!" You rush him as he shot you a small glare with his chocolaty brown eyes.

"It worries me that you know all of this about a single restaurant."

"I've gone there since I was a kid with my dad, so pardon me if the place grows on ya'." You snapped back, you had a dangerous soft spot about your childhood, especially moments with your dad. Hiro finally got out the door with you at his side.

"You know, you never actually told me about your dad..." Hiro trailed, hoping that you would spill the beans. "And I don't intend to." You state and walk a little faster, you told yourself that you were a closed book and Hiro should NEVER learn about all the things that happened to you. "Alright, alright, I won't push for answers....so, what did he look like?" He asked and you grunted and tried to think of the worst picture of your dad ever.

"Imagine me as a man in his mid-thirties, add nose hair and lots of stubble." You say, you could tell that Hiro was automatically disgusted when you said 'imagine me as a man', the details were exaggerations. You basically described your dad's high school year book photo, just with a large stretch on the age. "Gross." Hiro said as he tried to wipe the metal image out of his mind and you smirked.

"Well, would you look at that! We're here already." You said and pulled Hiro in the doors.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Your friend, Mia greeted. She had blonde hair in a pixie cut, brown eyes, she had a thick southern accent, a silver nose piercing and she was 5'2. So she was sorta short for her age which is in college years but she had some kind of medical problem called scoliosis that made her shorter but that never stopped her from being awesome!

"Oh! And who is this cutie pie?" Mia asked, gesturing to Hiro.

"This is Hiro, we're on a date." You answer.

"Well, I'll just have to make this super special!" And with that, she pulled you both to a nice seat in front of the stage on a high table. You sat down next to Hiro on the right while he sat on the left, Mia laid two menus down on the tables wooden surface before going to help more customers.

"Wow, not as packed out as you described it to be." Hiro teased and you grunted.

"Guess the old place was more popular back in the day..." You say and glance around at your surroundings. It was true, the red painted walls were faded and the black and white tiled floor was worn down and cracked in most places, some of the booths had rips in the fabric and the windows were tinted yellow from old age. "(Y/N)?" Mia's voice asked and you snapped out of your daze. "Huh?" You ask with a clueless expression. "What is your order?" She asked with a stiffened laugh and you grinned. "The usual." You said and she laughed again.