Chapter 26 - Early Rising

You open your (E/C) eyes to find that it was at the break of dawn. Literally, the sun was just now rising. Most of San Fransokyo was still silent, except for a few car horns honking. It hit you then that today was the day of the showcase. You slowly got up from your bed and tip toed to Hiro's dresser and pulled out some clothes for him, it sounds dumb but you knew from experience that Hiro slept in when he was nervous and he would rush so fast he would forget a lot of things...like that one time he forgot to put on a shirt and ended up wearing his shorts backwards and just his hoodie as a shirt for the whole day. You slowly walked out the door, past Cass's bedroom and down the stairs to the garage, you shut the door behind you.

You also knew that when it's a weekend in the Hamada household that everyone sleeps until 12:00pm. You figured that since Hiro was going to have possibly one of the biggest days of his life today, that he could use something to ease his nervousness. You got on Tadashi's motor scooter and started up the engine then zoomed off on the street. As you drove and hit a stoplight, your mind started to wander about your date with Hiro last night.

Gosh, it was soooo romantic! That was the best date EVER! But wait, what if he finds out about Tanner? Oh no...you hadn't even thought of that possibility. That would break you two up for sure. What would happen if you DID break up? Where would you go then? With how you treat Tanner and him being you ex how would you be able to live in the same house, in the same room with him?!

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the car behind you was honking its horn furiously at you, you turned your waist around and stuck your tongue out at them then drove off to get Hiro's surprise. You kept riding until you got to your friend Rainbow's house, don't worry, Rainbow was just her nickname and she goes by Bo for short.

You rang her doorbell and she answered, she was always a morning person. "Hey Bo, can you help me with something?" You ask hopefully and she nodded. The thing about Bo is that if you need ANYTHING that is limited or sold out or just plain illegal, she can get it. "Sure, come on in!" Bo said and tugged you inside.

"What do you need?" She asked, "Well, there's this guy and I-"

"Wait. Do you have a boyfriend?!" She said with cheer and excitement in her voice.

"Well, yes and no. We had our first date last night but it's not official."

"Who is it?!"

"I told you about him a few weeks ago, his name is Hiro. Ya know, Tadashi's little brother?"

"Ohmigosh! That. Is. AWESOME!" Bo exclaimed and you rolled your eyes.

"Okay, well, what I need is..." You said then whispered the rest in her ear and she gasped. "Yeah! I can TOTALLY hook you up on that!" She said and called a few people on her pink and rhinestoned cellphone and then hung up.

"It should be here riiiight aboooout...." She said then the doorbell rang. "Now!" Bo finished while pointing to the door then went to answer it, a few seconds later she came back with a large and by the looks of it, rather heavy box. "Nice. Thanks a million Bo! I SO owe you one." You say grashilly and take the box from her. "No prob. Just one thing in return..." She said with a mysterious voice. "What's that?" You ask and she laughed. "I call bridesmaid at you and Hiro's wedding!" Bo yelled and you rolled your eyes in a playful manner.

"Okay, you got it." You say and balance the box on your hip so you can wave to her bye. You walked out the door and strapped Hiro's gift on the backseat of Tadahsi's motor scooter. You then got in the driver's seat, started the engine and off you went. Then you stopped by Chicken Palace and picked up some extra spicy chicken wings for Cass and cool ranch wings for Tadashi. You also wanted to get something for Baymax, Oliver and Mochi.

You stopped by the pet store and picked up a bone and tennis ball for Oliver and some cat treats for Mochi. Now you had to figure out what to get Baymax. What on earth do you get for a robot? Seriously, he's a ROBOT. You shrugged, you were stumped. Baymax liked tape. 'Tape it is.' You thought and picked up a full roll of tape and a bunch of Christmas bows from an Office Max on your way home.

You parked Tadashi's motor scooter in the garage and pulled out some wrapping paper from Cass's craft room. You finished wrapping then used the bows on top. Once the gifts were wrapped, you wrote everyone's names on the side. You left the food out though. You snuck upstairs and put Hiro's present on his bedside table, Oliver's bone and tennis ball on his doggy bed and Mochi's cat treats laying next to him on the floor. You also put Cass's extra spicy chicken wings on her nightstand along with Tadashi's cool ranch on his nightstand, then you went to the garage again to give Baymax his tape. "Ow." You say half-heartedly and Baymax powered on. "Hello (Y/N), I was activated when you said...'Ow.' What seems to be the trouble?" He asked and you laughed. "Here, I gottcha' something." You said and handed Baymax the tape. "Thank you, (Y/N)." He thanked you in a mono-toned voice. "You're welcome." You answer as Baymax started pulling pieces of tape of of the dispenser.

While Baymax had fun with his tape, you went to watch a little TV.

Hiro, Tadashi and Cass should be up any minute now...then you heard some movement upstairs, then some ripping and then a explosion of happiness. Hiro ran downstairs to find you and there you were, sitting like a couch potato watching Saturday Cartoons.

"Did you get that 3D printer?!" He asked and could hardly stand still. "Yeah..." You trailed and Hiro picked you up and twirled you around. "I've been wanting that model for two years! But its been out of stock for months!" He yelled and kept spinning you to a point where you thought you might puke on his shoulder. "Okay! Alright, dude! Chill out or I'll throw up on you." You said and Hiro sat you back down on the couch then sat next to you and gave you a huge bear hug.

"Thank you." Hiro said, finally calming down. You slowly hugged back and smiled. "Anytime." You answer with a smile and Hiro kissed your cheek.

"Aww!" You heard Cass say. You both swiftly turned around and saw Tadashi with his stupid camera rolling and Cass was gushing on how adorable you and Hiro were.

"Come on!" Hiro exclaimed.

"When do you not record our every move?!" You complained as Tadashi stuffed a whole chicken wing in his mouth and shrugged. "Can't talk. Mouth is full." Tadashi answered, well, at least that's what he meant. It came out as, "Nth lk. Oth ish ul."

Hiro and you laughed and went to the kitchen to fix something to eat.

Author's Note: Guess who got the Big Hero 6 DVD?! MEH!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I have the thing on repeat! The theatrical short 'Feast' is ADORABLE! And Winston (the puppy from Feast) is SOOOOOO darn cute! I just wanna give him cheesecake and hugs! Anyway, my family and I are going on a trip outside of town in the next couple of days so I might not be on here. Also, I made a new friend! On Wattpad of course. Her name is @Rainbow_Wings21 and she is SUPER AWESOME! She even put me and Luke in her book, Gemstone Heros! I am the one named Diamond since that's my birthstone. :D I can't reveal who Luke plays at the moment but let's just say it's going to be AMAZING! I'll leave a link in the comments so you can check her story out. If you didn't notice, she actually came up in this chapter as a cameo! Guess who? She played Bo which is short for Rainbow which is part of her username! With all of my new friend happiness aside, how do you like this chapter? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Please vote and comment to tell me how you like it, if you want updates for when I post just click the follow button on my page! Later muffins!