Chapter 3 - Meet Fred

"This guy right here!" Fred said still in his costume. Hiro turned and yelped in fear "Ah, ah. Don't be alarmed, it's a suit. This is not my real face and body." He said poking his head out of the suit. "The names Fred." Fred shook Hiro's hand in one movement bouncy movement. "School mascot by day and by night," swinging a SFIT sign around with a few cool moves before finishing "I am also school mascot." The head of the costume fell off so you could see Fred's face, "So, what's your major?" Hiro asked, slightly shrugging.

"No, no, no. I am not a student but I am a major science enthusiast. I've been trying to get Honey to develop a formula that can turn me into a fire breathing lizard at will. But she says that it's not science." Fred replied with air quotes around 'not science' and sat down again in his chair that was surrounded by random comic books on the floor.

"It's really not." Honey said walking over with Gogo and Wasabi. You put on your purple SFIT hoodie, it was sometimes cold in the lab which made you bring a jacket or sweater with you everywhere, you always kept it tied around your waist. The fact you were wearing denim shorts that went to the middle of your thigh didn't help your chilly situation. "Yeah and I guess the shrink ray I asked Wasabi for isn't science either. Is it?" Fred said again with air quotes around 'science'. "Nope." Wasabi answered with crossed arms in place when he walked to Fred.

"Well then," Fred continued "What about, invisible sandwich?" "Here we go again." You say as Honey nods another time. "Hiro!" Tadashi called as Fred continued speaking, Hiro followed Tadashi out the door and you smirked 'Maybe this kid won't be as bad as I thought.' you think. "Imagine eating a sandwich, but everybody just thinks your crazy." He again, continued pretending to eat a sandwich. "Just stop." Wasabi said blandly.

"Laser eyes? Tingly fingers?" Fred asked. "Zilla, we've been through this seventy nine times now eighty. It's NOT science." You say, using the nickname you gave him and leaning on the wall. Fred blew a raspberry at you "I think your a dream killer instead of a daydreamer." He said rolling his eyes. 'Oh, he wants to play that game huh? Fine, be prepared for a worthy opponent.' you thought. "And I think I should get my comic back." You say, walking behind his chair and pushing his beanie down as he pouted. "Maybe I think your awesome." He said, Fred obviously didn't want to give the comic book back before he got to flip the pages and read it.

"I'm glad we are on the same page. Pun intended." You say walking to the couch again while Oliver sniffed Gogo's bike. "(Y/N), can you please control your mutt?" Gogo said looking at Oliver who was licking the seat. "Ollie tamale! Come here, boy!" You say in a baby voice and pat the seat next to you. Oliver ran and jumped on the couch, then your phone rang. You answered,

 "Hello?"

 "Ms.(L/N) this is Mr. Jones, your family lawyer. I regret to inform you that there has been a mishap involving your father." A guy said.

 "What's wrong?" You ask, your voice started shaking and Oliver tilted his head.

 "There was a terrible accident."

 "Accident?" You let the word roll off your tongue. Honey, Gogo, Wasabi and Fred looked at you worried. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

 "Your father was terribly injured. When the paramedics came, he was already gone."

 "What are you saying?" You ask Mr.Jones.

 "Ms.(L/N), your father..." He paused as if he was trying to stall the situation and was afraid of how you would react.

 "Your father is dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Dun, dun, DUN! Cliffhanger! Sorry this chapter's short, I'll probebly post chapter 4 later on at night. But, until then I hope you like Chapter 3! Again, sorry this chapter is short but I will make it up to you guys! Please comment and vote to let me know if you like it! And if you want updates for when I post then just click the follow button on my page. See you in the next chapter! Later muffins!