Chapter 7 - Nothing But A Nightmare

Hiro woke up panting, gasping for air from the smoke in his dream. He was dreaming of Tadashi striking a match and running into the fire, Hiro tried to get Tadashi to stop but he was getting tired of screaming from the thick black smoke filling his lungs, he knew it was just a dream. Tadashi would never be that stupid. Hiro looked over to Tadashi's bed, expecting him to be there so Tadashi could comfort his little brother...but he wasn't there.

This scared Hiro until he remembered all of the past events from that day, going to SFIT, hearing your father died, going to your house and tackling you then spending the rest of the day with you having fun and seeing the lighter and brighter part of your personality and hearing you say sweet dreams back to him after Hiro said the same.

He saw a (H/C) bunch of hair shuffle in Tadashi's bed, he sat up and threw his bare feet to the cold floor. He stood, walking slowly to you, closer and closer with each step. Hiro stopped at the edge of the bed with his breath lodged in his throat, wondering if this was a good idea...he just met you and it would be really inappropriate to seek help from a girl that hardly knew him and vice versa.

Then you sat up straight, slowly opening your (E/C) eyes to meet Hiro's wide brown ones. You almost screamed in the young boys sudden appearance but stopped yourself and kept silent. Your (H/L) (H/C) hair was a mess and you had dark purple bags under your eyes. "What's the matter?" You ask yawning in between 'what's' and 'the matter' then he looks around nervously,

"Never mind." He says the turns to go back to his bed but you stop him by grabbing his wrist and with very little effort, yank him with one movement of your arm into a sitting position on the bed. "We're both up now, so spill the beans." You tell him and he smiles slightly, and tells you about the nightmare he had and you listen closely and nod a few times. After you tell him it's nothing but a nightmare, merely just a reflection of his own fears deep in his conscience.

Hiro seemed a little sad after this and prepared to walk back to his bed but you stopped him the same way as you did before,

You look him in the eye and ask a very brave and risky question,

"Do you want to sleep with me so your nightmare doesn't come back?" (NO DIRTY MINDS <_<)

He seems to be surprised by your question and to you a little freaked out.

'Smooth (Y/N), real smooth. You scared the crap out of him.' You think to yourself, then he jumped on the bed excitedly and hugged your side saying 'thank you' multiple times quickly.

At that moment he reminded you of a little boy and reminded you of someone you knew a long time ago. He slipped under the covers and laid his head on the pillow, you turned on your side to face him and he looked at you strangely.

"What?" He asked,

"I'm sorry for calling you a scrawny shrimp boy yesterday and thank you for covering for me about the rip on your jacket." You say, feeling a really guilty about the shrimp part. Hiro rolled his eyes playfully "Don't worry about it. I thought you were a creepy girl with a bunch of skeletons in the closet with a dark and mysterious past." He says making his voice sound freaky and ominous with the 'dark and mysterious past', you chuckle nervously and stare at your sweater that laid on the floor which contained the photo of your mother.

"Yeah, as if." You reply, "Looks like we both have crappy judgment of people, huh?"

Hiro nodded and laughed a little. "Looks like." He says grinning, you were looking a little sad but that all faded away when Hiro suddenly took you by surprise and hugged you. "Hey, it's nothin' between friends. If we do crappy judgment, at least we have crappy judgment together, right?" He asked, "Yeah, together." You say with the a fake happy tone and hug him back. Hiro grins and falls asleep with you still in his arms you knew since he was lightly snoring. You look up at him worriedly and snuggle closer to him.

"I guess I'm alone in that, that's one thing you did get right about me. My closet's so full I need a second one." You whisper in a hushed voice. You glance at the sweater one last time before going into a deep, dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Aw! Hiro likes to snuggle! I think it would be cute if he does! :3 Do you like it? Do you like The Dork & The Daydreamer so far? Until next time I hope you like Chapter 7! Please comment and vote to let me know if you like it! And if you want updates for when I post then just click the follow button on my page. See you in the next chapter! Later muffins!