CM. 2

One Week.

It has already been one week since I started working here. I never think that I would have a bad time or impression here since I'm like Shone who's extroverted and easy to befriend with. Plus the people around are all kind and keen to help you if you need some, everything went well than I had ever imagined.

What I'm doing here is just sorting out the papers from the department beside this office, it's intricate to talk about but I sometimes indulge myself with some heavy workloads.

And guess what, I'm enjoyinh every ounce of it!

"Cavin, fancy to join us for lunch now?"

Estrella, the woman beside my desk is the one who said that. I looked up, only to see her with her usual Starbucks cup in her hand. Is it lunch already?

"Where you planning to have lunch with?"

"Outside? There's a new cafeteria and we wanted to see if they can beat this love of my life," pointing to the cup she's grasping on.

I snickered and told her that I'm saving money. What I like about her is that she's easy to talk to. If you said nothing is wrong, she'd believe you. If you said there's a mistake, she's believe and make it somehow right. If you taken down her offer, she wouldn't hold a grudge and just wait for the day until you finally give in.

One week. And I already know some of their traits. Now it got me thinking whether if they can see through me. What are they thinking about me?

The bin I usually putting trash is overloaded already. I put the cover out and went behind to dispose it in a black plastic bag. I was about to turn it back when Damien catches my sight.

"Oh, you didn't go out for lunch?"

I put down the bin, "Saving money, that's why."

Damien chuckled and asked what did I do. I answered him right away and I suppose that's the end. He's holding piles of folders, "Where you going?"

"I'm gonna send this to the upper floor. This needs revisions and I'm catching my time since I still have a meeting ten minutes from now."

My mind became a mess right after. I sanitize my hand for a while and handed him my hand. "Pleasure to me to do that instead of you."

"You don't need. Besides, you're doing another works so I'll do mine."

But I stopped him from leaving by holding his shoulder. That even there's a sheet of cloth in between mine and his body, I felt like I got electrified.

"No, I'm almost done. You mentioned you have a meeting? I'd suggest you better get ready than to run here from there. It's fine for me."

His eyes lingered again, and after what happened that day he brings me to the CEO's mansion, today is the another time he did those again.

"Do I still have a choice?"

I chuckled and asked where it should be. After hearing where I'm bringing this, I pushed him to go back to his office. Even when I'm already outside, he's still watching me over.

Don't give me hope, Mr. Lister. We can't have any hope, we know that.

There's only myself who taken the elevator. Probably because all of them is now outside. Oh, damn, will there be someone I can left these later?

My eyes look for the reminder Damien told me and softly sighed upon seeing it. I knocked and someone asked me to come it. There. I can leave this without any troubles.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Lister said these documents needs some revisions. He didn't state what should be but I suppose you know it already?"

I let her dwell on the papers inside and nods her head, "Yes. Yes, we already know what we're gonna do. Thank you for bringing it."