CM. 8

"Where is he?! Cavin? Are you here?!"

I jumped from where I am. Our eyes met, our bodies collided. I almost lose my balance, thanks to the table behind me.

"God.. I thought.. I thought something.." Shone was faltering. I try my best not to smile.. but I can't help it.

As soon as he lets go of me, my wounded knuckles the one in front of his face. "Am I fearless now, Shone?"

In spite of my very best to conceal the shaking of my voice, I still sounded so weak. "I did... it.. I already.. I already learned.. how to fight.. back.."

His eyes turned glossy. "C-cavin.."

"I have no faintest idea.. how I did it.. how it occurred inside me but.." my eyes shuts off.  "The moment I saw the same terror eyes last month? Fuck... Why am I so lame?"

Shone pushed me towards him again, and I accepted a defeat again. I did it.. I already.. hurt him.. at least a little pain was finally inflicted.. but it's still not enough...

"I should've let him take a look to.. to what he had done.." Shone was quick to pull down my shirt. "Shone... can you tell me how he can still be fine after.. everything?"

His mouth opened for a while, attempting to answer me. But nothing went out. A sigh. A defeated sigh. "Let's go home, okay? Is your wound hurting?"

"No."

"All right. Come here. Are you able to stand straight?"

I made a face in front of him. Trying to make a funny scene but he's not budging. He hold onto my waist, trying to lift me up.

"Aren't you gonna ask me why I'm here?"

He throws me a beleaguered look. I smile.

"Where's your things?"

Our gaze stopped on the paperbag I'm trying to find earlier. I grab it and just took the water inside. "I lost this one. Somewhere. Turns out someone left it in here. I don't know why."

Those eyes are not buying anything of my lies. But what can I do? Just the mere recalling of what happened earlier, how I punched that man, how Damien held me, how Matthew's concerned eyes cover my whole body, everything's making me itch.

Shone finally pulled me out of the room. We're about to turn right, or whatever way, so we can leave the premises when two men caught our eyes.

And no matter how close I am with Matthew from where he's sitting, my eyed fixated to the other one.

"C-cavin.." Damien was quick to his senses and hold onto my bruised arm.

I am quick, too, to pluck his shaking hand on mine.

His eyes filled with despair. And I'm trying to fight the urge to compliment his demeanor right now. He... has changed a lot. I'm wishing his heart did too.

"Back. Off." Shone's voice thundered in the hallway. He pushed me behind him and try to level with the intensity of Damien's eyes.

"I just.. want to know if.. he's fine.." my heart broke in two.

"He's not fine. As long as he's still here." I thought he was going to say more but we're already inside his car, his body finally giving up, shaking while revving the car.

"D-do you.. know him?" I ask, forlornly.

"Will you tell me the truth why you're there if I answer you, truthfully, too?"

I fell silent. Shone clicked his tounge before finally drove off. I am silent for almost minutes but as soon as I saw where we're heading, I made him stop.