Final Chapter

To tell you honestly, I couldn't even remember the time when I thought I lose everything, everyone in my life. All I know was... I sleep at night, they are still here. But as soon as the morning comes, I'll push myself all alone for the next days.

I did everything that I needed to do. Fix their services and bury them six feet underground. While doing all of those, there's words coming out from others that really took a toll in me.

"How can he still be so calm after everything?"

Who told them I was calm? That I've always been calm? My parents know how rebel I am. And that wasn't their fault. But when times like this came in our lives, I learned to behave. Not because I don't have feelings for what occured. They are my parents after all, I was barely seventeen that time, and I was all alone. Perhaps showing a lot of emotions will not bring them back. So I remain neutral. Even if no one asked me to.

"I heard they've been wanting to leave that kid alone. If I remember it rightly, there was a rumor he had a child but decided to abort it so it won't stain their family's reputation."

Really? If that was correct, why would they stay at my side before everything happened in a blink of an eye? Why are they assuming things, especially in things like this, when they are the one who's brushing their families off when they are at work? My mom and dad don't do that. After all, they are doing everything they could to support me. Where is the evidence that they've been wanting to leave me? Because of my personality?

I've never even had a girlfriend before. So how come those rumors came up in their circles? People always assume that I love creating dramas within my family, but it was drama who keeps chasing me. And my family.

Those were just almost two percent from all the things that I've heard before I say goodbye to the most important person in my life. In the last program, I didn't bawl. When I throw a soil on them while going down, I remain bland. But as soon as I slump on our familiar couch, the one that we've been always sitting on when we decided to have a movie night, finally, I leaked tears.

This went too pretty fast. It's understandable if I still mourn for it. But I wish this feeling would fade, fast, too, just like how everything happened on me. But right now, nothing can be seen with this pool of tears.

***

I inherited all the things that my parents worked hard just to give the best life I could ever asked for. Those things was put on my head, like a bleeding crown when I got the news they are fully gone. But... I was barely... seventeen that time.

And I wasn't even done doing my college. One year left, I'm fully ready to take care of the same company too if I finish everything. But... I wasn't ready yet.

Thankfully, my mom's long time friend take over with the company while I'm finishing all my school works. Just like her, Aunt Guenne did everything she could do to take care of me. Even if she has her own family already.

If we're not seeing each other, a text messages or calls would appease her and let her know I'm doing fine. When we're seeing each other, if there's time left for nothing, I'd play with her kids.

Sometimes, I wonder, what would it be if I do have a little brother or sister? Would it be more hard to stand on my own if I have a little sibling who was deprived with parents' love in his or her early age?

Thankfully, it was only me. There would be times where I feel lonely in our house but I'm starting to get used to it. If I couldn't find anyone that could take my parents' position for my whole life, I should learn to just be with myself.

As soon as I polish off my education, Aunt Guenne flied back to States. Because that's where she's been living with her kids. She only went here for me. And when I told her what happened and the state of company, she's reluctant on going back.