CM. 5

At first, it was hard. It really was.

Matthew publicly announced in our office he'll take in his office for a while, and for the reason why? He never said why but aside from that, he made a rule that no one should know about what he did. My colleagues were tight-lipped and just eyed me before Matthew pulled me out of it.

Of course, I berate him for doing that! Right in front of the employees he knew working for Damien too! "How can you say to them not to talk anything when it's Damien we're working for?"

"You are all working for me," he only said.

"They might tell it to Damien! You didn't think of that?"

Matthew looks tired when he fixated his on mine, that's the moment I knew I was trembling due to I saw my reflection through his glass.

"Then let them be. I'll fire them right away."

He left me there, not knowing what to do after. I stared so long in my reflection I saw a figure I never did. I followed him in his office, not minding if his secretary follows my frantic movements until I closed my doors.

Matthew's office is enormous. But he's only taking the middle part of it, the right wing is filled with a mini living room and shelves that I doubt if he ever touch it once in a while. And I found him on the left wing, to the small table he made just for me.

When I'm behind him, he's looking at the papers I know those weren't there when we left the room. Probably his secretary puts everything on.

"Do your work. Don't play music. It vexed me."

There's no glance he made at all. I slumped my shoulders upon taking the swivel chair and sighed. Matthew took his own and read the papers in a green folder.

Damn. Why did I agree at him yesterday? Or did I? As far as I could remember, all I did was wail for my life, I can't recall if I promised him anything.

In the midst of doing the same thing, but for now it's not in my usual desk, my phone starts to beep three times until finally stopping.

I bet he didn't hear it and picked it up. But as long as I saw who it was, all of the colds starts to gush in and a frail movement was hard to make.

Damien Lister: It's boring here. I miss you. Can I call you when lunch came?

My eyes immediately fixated on his table again, this time, he's peering to my side. Did he see me reading my phone? Has he any thoughts now whose text I'm reading?

Matthew's slick eyes stays on me, like a mouth saying to bring the phone down and never engage to anyone unless it's about work.

The call never happened.

It's been three days since Matthew made Damien attend a business meeting in Caspen Atlantis and it's already days being in this hell gate. Perhaps people would say being in here was a good thing, I don't think it's the same with me.

Damien's constantly sending me messages, even though it all composed of the same I miss yous and he wanted to call me for a talk, I can't bear to pick it up when I'm being locked in his arms.

"You're ruining my body," Matthew slurs out of nowhere.

His secretary just stalked out in the room, and I don't know if it was me he's talking to.

I watch him swipe his cutleries and took a bite to the lunch he prepared for the both of us. He's joining me to lunch because he's always assuming I'm not eating if there's no him.

He's so full of himself.

I never asked him to join with me.

His words were left hanging in the air. I assumed he's not talking to me and just continue eating so I can go back to my desk and finish the day.