Chapter 13

•Him•
Dominic sighed hanging up the phone, Marco refused to tell him anything about Arabella after he found out what Dominic had said to her and it was driving him mad.

Dominic was in Sicily miles away from Arabella and he missed her.

He hated not having her in his arms waking up. And he was extremely mad at himself for the way he had spoken to her.

He was stressed and hadn't meant to snap at her, but he did, and he didn't go after her to apologise.

"Dominic he's asking for you" Sofia stepped out of the hospital room giving her brother time to go in.

"Antonio" Dominic greeted entering the hospital room. Antonio was like a father figure to Dominic, he had taken care of him and his sister when their parents died.

"Ah mio figlio" Antonio smiled weakly "how are you?"

Dominic gave him a weak smile "I should be asking you that old man" Antonio smiled his joyful manner still there even on his death bed "old man? Don't think this bed will stop me from showing you who boss Dominic"

Antonio lifted his frail arms and made boxing motions while chuckling.

His face turned serious "my boy, come sit" he motioned to a chair beside him.

"I don't have long left" Dominic wanted to interrupt and say that it wasn't true but he wouldn't lie to the man who had looked after him and his sister for so long.

"Dominic I want you to do something for me" This man had raised Dominic and he knew there was no way he could say no to whatever he was about to say.

"Of course anything" Antonio smiled happily, but the words he was about to say would do anything but make Dominic smile.

"My daughter has had a crush on you for quite some time, when I'm gone I want you to look after her."

Dominic was disgusted, he knew who Antonio was talking about, of course he did.

Gabriella was Antonio's daughter, she was vile, Domicile had seen how much of a bitch she could be and hated how she would cling to him whenever he came to visit.

"Antonio-" Dominic wanted to tell him he couldn't do that, not to himself or Arabella, he wasn't going to deny the feelings he had for her, he knew he liked her and he wasn't afraid to admit it, Dominic also knew that after time it had the possibility to become so much more.

"Look Dominic I'm not asking you to marry her, just look after her and if feelings develop well you have my blessing."

Dominic was repulsed he didn't want to look after her and he knew no feelings would ever develop for her, she was cruel and he was no better himself, he was much worse than her but that didn't change the fact that he could never like her.

She was rude and vicious unlike his Arabella who was kind and sweet.

He also couldn't say no to Antonio though "fine" he agreed.

A huge smile broke out onto Antonio's face "Promise me Dominic, promise me you will try and love my daughter."

He couldn't say no.

"I promise"

================================