Chapter 19

•Her•
Arabella couldn't stop thinking about how she had almost kissed Dominic, would he have kissed her back?

"Arabella, are you in there." Arabella flinched back, startled at Sofia's loud voice and flicking my head.

"Sorry I spaced out." She smiled "it's okay, did you hear what I just said?"

Arabella shook her head no. "I said that we had to go shopping to get you a dress" Arabella was confused. "A dress? Why do I need a dress."

Sofia gasped dramatically "Dominic hasn't told you, what a little shit."

From the time Arabella had spent with Sofia she had found that she cursed a lot, like every second sentence."Dominic!"

Dominic came running at Sofia's shouting "what's going on?" Sofia glared at him "you haven't told Arabella about the gala tomorrow?"

Dominic sighed giving Sofia a stern look "You know it's too dangerous Sofia I told you not to mention it."

Arabella was upset that Dominic didn't want her to go with them to the gala. She knew she was a prisoner but she didn't think of herself like that.

She honestly loved staying with them, Sofia was funny and it was nice to have a girl close to her age to talk to and Hugo and Marco were really nice to her not to mention their amazing cooking,well Hugo's amazing cocking.

Marco mainly stole food out of the pot or dipped his finger in batter while Hugo swatted him away.

And how could Arabella forget about Dominic. He wasn't around so much during the day but he always read to her in the evenings or played piano with her. Arabella was positive that Dominics cuddles were her favourite thing in the whole world and most nights didn't stay in her own bed long enough to have a nightmare opting to sleep in his bed cuddled up next to him.

Drawing away from her thoughts Arabella caught the end of the siblings conversation. "Fine" Sofia sighed "Your right it probably is too dangerous, I'll just come later in the evening I want to spend some time with Arabella."

Arabella knew from the time she'd spent with Sofia that she never gave up that easily, she'd once fallen asleep after half an hour of Sofia arguing with Marco. She wasn't quite sure what they were arguing over as most of it had just been a jumble of Italian.

Dominic clearly was thinking the same thing as he warily eyed his stubborn sister. "I'm serious Sofia don't try anything, I have-" he was interrupted by his phone ringing.

"Ciao" Dominic listened to the voice for a few minutes before angrily hanging up "I need to go, I meant it though Sofia." Sofia held her hands up in surrender "I promise"

Dominic placed a quick kiss on Arabella's head ringing back the numbers slightly slamming the front door on his way out.

"Go grab some shoes we're going shopping." Sofia turned to Arabella smiling. "But Dominic said I couldn't go?" Sofia shrugged "he'll get over it."

Arabella didn't want to go against Dominic but she did want to go to the gala, her family never let her go. "You promised" Sofia just smirked "I crossed my toes so it doesn't count."

Arabella couldn't argue with that, technically crossing her toes did mean that it didn't count and Dominic really should have checked.Arabella didn't need anymore convincing and ran to go grab her shoes.

~~~~
The driver pulled up at what looked like a small boutique. The walls were a light purple but didn't look odd on the street of colourful shops.

Sofia reached through the space in between the two front seats handing the driver money, "don't worry Dominic won't find out" Sofia reassured the man who took the notes from her hand.

Dominic had left instructions that his sister and Arabella weren't aloud to leave the house but Sofia had managed to bribe a guard to drive them.

Sofia stepped out of the car first followed by a nervous Arabella who was regretting going against Dominic. She was glad that there was little people around not use to being out.

Thinking about it this was her first time out really unless you counted her being kidnapped. She was scared and wanted Dominic she felt guilty for going against him when he was so nice to her, she just wanted his arms around her.

All she wanted though was to experience what she hear her parent talking about being 'fabulous nights' after one of their many events.

Arabella wished she had said no but it was too late now Sofia had grabbed her hand guiding her into the boutique the bell ringing as they entered.

They were greeted by a tall,slim woman,her dark hair tied into a tight bun highlighting her cheekbones. The woman embraced Sofia pulling back with an angry frown.

"Beh, se non è Sofia Desantis, alla fine ha deciso di venire a farle visita e chi c'è con lei?" Sofia gave an apologetic smile.

{well, if it's not Sofia Desantis, she finally decided to come and visit, and who's this with her?}

"Mi dispiace Elena Sono stato così occupato, questa è Arabella lei è Dominics fidanzata." Sofia replied. Arabella had no idea what was being said and it was making her slightly uncomfortable especially after hearing her name.

{I'm sorry Elena I've been so busy, this is Arabella she is Dominics girlfriend.}

"I never thought I'd see the day, and aren't you adorable" Arabella blushed at the compliment looking down at her shoes.

"Anyways enough chitchat what do you need Santis?" Sofia smiled giddily. "Arabella needs a dress for a gala tomorrow."

The woman Arabella now knew as Elena gave Sofia a stern look. "Just like you Santis to leave it last minute, you're lucky I have a dress I think will be perfect."

Arabella and Sofia followed Elena to the back of the shop where she pulled out a zipped up protective bag off a hanger. She pointed Arabella to the dressing room as Sofia ushered her to try the dress on.

Arabella hung the dress up on a railing stripping into her bra and panties. She pulled the zipper down revealing a beautiful floor length dress.

Arabella carefully removed the dress from the bag taking her time putting it on trying her best not to crease it.

The dress was stunning on her, complimenting her pale skin and strawberry blonde hair.

Unable to zip up the back Arabella exited the dressing room holding the back together. Sofia rushed to zip up the back making Arabella spin around in the dress.

"You looking amazing" Sofia squealed, "but you're not meant to wear a bra with the dress" Arabella was confused "what do you wear then?"

Sofia just smirked "never mind, you look amazing"

Elena soon entered the back of the store after tending to a customer smiling brightly.
"Tu sei bellissima mia cara."

{you are beautiful my dear}

"We'll be taking this one"