Chapter 17

•Him•
"I'm not going to ask you again, who do you work for?"

Dominics finger tips ran over the sharp blade admiring it. He had caught the man snooping around the house, what he was looking for Dominic didn't know.

The man was pathetic "non te lo dirò"
{I won't tell you}

"Fine by me" Dominic walked over to where the mans hand were chained to a metal table.

Dominic quickly brought the knife down on the mans fingers.

~~~~~~~~~

The man never broke and it was safe to say Dominic was beyond stressed.

Dominic couldn't wait to see Arabella.

He found himself counting down the hours until she would climb into his bed and cuddle up to him.

Upon entering the house Dominic could hear Arabella's giggles, they were mixed with another louder laugh though.

Dominic didn't know who it could be it sounded too feminine to be Hugo, Marco was working and Sofia said she wouldn't be home until late that night.

Dominic followed the laughter into the living room where Arabella was sitting.

He smiled seeing her happy face but his smiled dropped when he saw who was sitting beside her.

"Gabriella" he greeted. When the girls realised he was in the room their laughter stopped but Arabella's smiled remained on her face.

She got up jumping into Dominics arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist.

Dominic could feel some of the built up stress leaving his body, having her in his arms was one of his favourite things.

"I missed you" Dominic could feel her breath against his neck.

Dominic sat down on the couch Arabella still in his arms, she had been extremely clingy ever since he had gotten back but he didn't mind, honestly he loved it.

Looking up from Arabella remembering that Gabriella was still in the room Dominic saw her slightly glaring at Arabella but when she caught him looking her smile reappeared.

"To what do I owe the pleasure Gabriella?" Arabella was slightly shocked his voice sounded so cold and bored.

He never talked to her like that.

Dominic could fell Arabella snuggling into the crook of his neck.

"I was hoping we could talk" Dominic just raised an eyebrows "go ahead"

Gabriella eyed Arabella who was nearly asleep in Dominics arms "alone."

Dominic sighed "give me a minute"

He picked Arabella up carrying her through the house and up into his room.

He could have put her in her own room but even just knowing she was in his room comforted him.

Laying Arabella down she curled into a ball, she wined slightly in protest to Dominic putting her down but soon cuddled into his pillow.

Dominic could have sworn he heard her smelling it.

He made his way to his office knowing that's where he would find Gabriella.

Ignoring her Dominic took a seat at his desk.

"You wanted to talk so talk."

"I know what my father asked you to do." Dominic didn't want to interrupt.

"I don't need you to look after me, I'm perfectly fine by myself. And yes while I may have a slight crush on you I can see how you look at Arabella and she seems nice so I won't get in the way of that."

Dominic was relieved. He didn't know what he would have done if she had of told him she wanted him to try a relationship with her.

"Thank you, for being mature about this."

================================