Prologue

[When one child from the north has all, the one from the south loses it all.]

"Charge!" I yelled, thrusting my sword forward.

"Ahhhhh." The battle cry made my heart thump in my ribcage. The excitement that ran through my body in impenetrable.

I charged forward on my horse towards their leader, slicing my way through the enemies.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Bombs were thrown at each other, dirt and fire spreaded. Dead body parts were thrown everywhere.

"Commander! We're losing people!" The general yelled from beside me.

'Damn it, we can't retreat now.' Looking around me, trying to find a way to win. My eyes landed on their leader.

"Don't retreat, keep fighting. If I die keep going." I yelled as I charged at the leader, avoiding blades that were slashing and poking at me.

"Commander!" The general yelled out. I knew that in this cold-blooded war someone was going to die, either I die or the enemy dies or we can both die together.

As the enemy leader spotted me, he charged at me. I smirked from under my helmet. Raising my sword we both sliced and hacked at each other, making a *CLING* sound each time our blades meet.

"Tsk, you are always reluctant as always, Elijah." He spat at me.

"I would say the same, Austin." I laughed.

"Just surrender already, you know that you're no match for me." He swung his sword at my abdomen.

"I don't care if I die, you'll die with me." Blocking his sword. I grabbed my dagger and threw it at his horse's neck. The horse jumped up making Austin tumble over.

"You're the same as always, using dirty tricks." He got up, brushing the dirt off of his armor.

"This is a war, there will always be tricks up my sleeves." I jumped off my horse and landed on my feet. Dropping my sword, I unleashed both of my razor sharp double-edged daggers.

"Let's get serious." I said as I got into my fighting stance. He also unleashed his sword on his back, pointing it at me.

"I thought you were just a useless chore that needed to be cleaned, so I never thought much and threw you on the side. But now you've been built up into something I have to do." He said, stepping into his stance.

"Well, at least you know that I'm not useless anymore." I said seriously, malice in my tone.

"Just wait until I'm done with you." He leaped forward, clashing our swords together, I used this momentum and let go, stepping to the side.

From the force of pushing on my sword, he stumbled forwards. I swung my sword on his back, leaving a big gash of a cut on his back.

"Ugh!" He groaned, trying to get back up using his sword as a cane.

"I'm going to get you for that." He said, coughing blood out. He wiped the blood from his mouth and stood back up, still shaking a bit.

Leaping forward, we sliced away at each other, thinking that he would slice at me, tried to block but then he pulled out a small dagger and thrusted it in the side of my abdomen. Stumbling back holding my side, I pulled the dagger out of my abdomen.

"Ah, shit." The pain was awful, I was losing too much blood. My vision was going to give up on me. My head spun, I couldn't keep control of my body.

'Get it together, your opponent is right in front of you. At least let him die with you.' I made a plan, but I needed to sacrifice myself in order to fulfill this.

I shook off the unbearable pain and ran forwards toward him. I sheathed both daggers into my sleeves and grabbed the sword from one of the fallen soldiers.

"This is useless, you had everything and what about me? Does being second in line deserve this much hate?" He questioned, raising his sword.

"I could have had it all, and I will have it once I kill you and take everything from you." He said, corruption filled his very eyes. Smiling wickedly he dashed at me, not having enough time to block its sword slid through my stomach.

I leaned against his shoulders, coughing out blood that splattered onto the ground.

"Hahaha! Now, it's time to die." He laughed wickedly, twisting the blade.

'Fuck, this bastard.' 

"It's not over yet, you'll die with me." I used all my strength and stabbed the dagger that hid in my sleeve right into his neck.

"Your sinful tricks..." He coughed out his last words and fell onto the ground. It was over now, this war... But sadly I cannot celebrate it with my people.

I fell to the ground, using my sword, trying to keep myself up.

"Commander!" The general cried out as he rushed to my side.

"It's alright, we can heal you..." His voice trailed, uncertain of his own words.

"No, it's alright. You can't save me now... I've already lost too much blood, but I do hope to see the sun rise one last time." He nodded and carried me on his back, looking at the rising sun, the warmth on my face; I slowly closed my eyes letting the warmth embrace my body.