Vol 1 - 10 Lesson

"Alright, since the mark still hasn't fully settled in your body yet; we will not do any moving today, so what I mean is that no meditating, no sword training, no mana manipulation, but only learning for today." Kathryn announced as we settled in our seats while she stepped onto the podium.

This room was like a miniature classroom, only two desks, two chairs, a chalkboard, and a podium.

"Uh, why do you have a miniature classroom? Isn't this just a bit weird? It feels like you guys were prepared for another person to come." I questioned.

"Well your parents told us about the news right after the day you've awakened, so it seemed more reasonable to be prepared before our guest came, no?" He asked.

"You're right."

"Now then, let's get into the lesson I have planned for both of you today." She sounded extremely close to my teacher in my old life but also very different...

"We will be going deeper into the marks on your bodies." She wrote down 'SOUL KNIGHTS' in big letters on the top of the chalkboard, leaving enough space to write a bunch of stuff under it.

"As you know from Ryker already, 'Soul Knights' are when a person is picked to link their soul to another in-order to protect them. Now when you link your soul, you can't undo this, meaning both of you are linked forever." She used her teaching stick and pointed at me, specifically my chest area.

"There are benefits and drawbacks in becoming a soul knight. Here on the right are all the benefits..." She paused as she wrote down some words on the board, listing them vertically.

"First of all, we will talk about the benefits. First and foremost, the biggest benefactor: Power. By this I mean you will be inheriting the power of the dragons, specifically the power of our clan, the Yviss clan. This power that you revived only runs in the royal family of the Yviss clan. We will talk specifically about what your power holds in the future." She explained.

"The second benefit connects the first one, which is borrowing power from your partner. This skill can be used when you're in a dangerous or life threatening situation. When this skill is used by the other person, they will gain more mana and their power will be borrowed from their partner." She pointed out.

"The last benefit is achieving the full capacity of becoming a soul knight. A 'Soul Knight' is only a title for those who linked their souls with one of the royal family members in the dragonkin but they're stages to achieving the full potential. They're 6 stages that are recorded in our records. From the lowest stage: Seeker, to the highest stage: Immortal. In each stage they're 4 substages or tiers, but in the 'Immortal' stage there are different names for the 4 stages/tiers unlike the others." She wrote down all the stages on the left side of the board.

The list went like this:

-Seeker: Low, Intermediate, High, Apex

-Ascension: Low, Intermediate, High, Apex

-Transcendence: Low, Intermediate, High, Apex

-Sage: Low, Intermediate, High, Apex

-Ancient: Low, Intermediate, High, Apex

-Immortal: Immortal, Celestial, God King, Deity

Looking at these stages on the board made me kind of excited for the future, seeing how powerful I could get just makes me anticipate even more for what kind of future fate holds for me.

"Now, the difference between each tier is a great leap, each time you break through a tier, you will feel the power that it holds." Kathryn said, turning back towards us.

I nodded and dropped down some notes on the paper. 'It seems like there is much more to learn about this world and its laws.'

"Let's talk about it's downsides of becoming a Soul Knight. Since you should know that there is always a price when having something great. Firstly, now you should be more careful of getting into dangerous situations since if one of you dies the other person will have the same situation happening to them, for short, they will also die too." Her tone became serious as she spoke those words.

"Explaining this further, there are also connections between your souls, no matter how far you two are you can feel what the other person feels. That means you share your happiness, sorrow, and grief, this can also mean you can feel if either of you are in danger or life-threatening situations." She explained as she wrote down the explanation in short sentences.

"When you do try and transform into your form you have to remember to not go over your limits. If you go over your limits it can leave damage in your body, if the injury is really severe it can even destroy your mana core and your roots (basically you mana channels or veins). We will train later on and both of you will learn new techniques, especially you, Alex, since your body is still not used to the quin that's in your body." Kathryn pointed out.

"How long will it take for my body to get used to quin?" I asked.

"It will take us a few months for your body to be used to quin, but people don't just get used to quin so easily, especially when someone like you, a human turning into a dragon." She answered.

"And when will I be able to learn how to use aether?" I asked again as I dropped down more notes.

"I am not sure since it will take a long time until you actually will be able to handle even the slightest amount of aether."

"Why is that?" I questioned.

"There are things I cannot say because it's not my business to say it for your parents. I know that you have talent, and a lot of that by means, but you'll have to wait and ask your parents about their little secret. Until then, you will stay here and train with us." She explained, I was a bit disappointed and surprised that my parents have a secret that they're holding. But of course, I'll have to be understanding since I have my own little secret.

"This will be the end of our lesson for today, Aria why don't you take Alex with you and go play now." Kathryn suggested, Aria nodded and pulled me with her.

"Lets go!" She said excitedly, I've noticed that she stayed pretty quiet during our lesson today, it was quite a surprise.