Vol 1 - 6 Problem

As I settled down I arranged my things and went to sleep so I could pass my time.

----

Upon waking up it was already dusk. We stopped at a restaurant and ate some food then resumed our trip. I wanted to make sure that I get to my destination as quickly as possible since I didn't want to waste time.

I started to meditate again in the carriage so I can use my time productively. I started to break through my light black stage and into my pure black stage which is a big leap forward. My body felt as if it was boosted several times over both physically and mentally.

As I continued to meditate, time passed by faster than I thought. After I opened my eyes it was already the next day so it means I have been meditating for more than ten hours.

"Young master Alex, it seems like there is a problem ahead." The driver said through the glass window that was separating us.

"Hmm? What is it?" I asked as I snapped back to reality. Looking ahead I saw a huge explosion followed by fire spreading through the forest.

"Young master, should we turn back?" He asked hurriedly.

"No, keep going until I say so." I said. I wanted to see what happened ahead, if the situation isn't as bad as it seems we might be able to save some lives.

"Are you sure about this? Your safety comes first." He said hesitantly.

As we crept closer towards the fire we saw several carriages with fancy symbols on the side.

'I've seen those symbols before... I just can't pinpoint where exactly.' It was like on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't get it out.

"Stop here." I ordered as the carriage came to a stop. We were just a few meters away from the gigantic fire that was spreading through the woods. There were the carriages I saw before, in the middle of the whole fire.

I opened the door and stepped out of the carriage.

"Young master, what are you doing?!" A mix of surprise and concern was laced in his voice.

"Helping, of course." I answered simply. I have the confidence that I could at least save one or two lives with my current level right now.

"B- But-" He stuttered.

"No buts, I'm going to go in." I took off my jacket and used it as a mask for the smoke that was caused by the fire.

Using the mana around me, I concentrated it into my legs and started sprinting forwards towards the carriages.

"Young Master!" The driver yelled as I ran towards the fire, his voice slowly got fainter and fainter as I ran further away from him.

As I got closer I jumped over the fire using my mana to enhance my leg strength. I looked around for people that were still alive. I had to say that if it wasn't for my past life I would've fainted at the sight of these dead and disoriented bodies that were laying on the floor.

"Someone! Help!" I heard a muffled scream of a little girl in one of the carriages. Quickly, I sprinted towards the noise and looked into the glass of the carriage. I tried to open the carriage door but it was stuck.

'Crap, this was going to be harder than I thought.' Once again, enhancing the mana into my arms I tried to pry open the door once again. This time I heard a small *crack* followed by a series of other cracking noises.

"Push the door from the inside!" I screamed from behind my mask. The girl inside didn't hesitate and pushed the door. As we kept trying to pry the door open the fire around us began to spread quickly.